3940 attachment questions

/ 3940 attachment questions #1  

RJJR

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti DK45 HST
I think I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a Grand L 3940 and loader. I have the following questions about attachments.

1. Which 4 in 1 bucket should I consider for this model? Have any of you found a cheaper way to lift objects instead of buying the 4 in 1 bucket? Trying to determine if its worth the extra money over a regular loader.

2. Best value in bush (brush) hog? Is 6 foot the largest I can get away with?

3. What size and brand blade would do you like behind this tractor.

4. Now that you've had your tractor awhile what particular options have you found that you now think you couldn't do without?

Thanks

/ 3940 attachment questions #2  
I have gone with the HD bucket with quick attach system. I also went with Land Pride pallet forks.

I did not go with the 72" MMM. I already have a 64" flail and a 60" rotary mower. I also have a 64 " LP RTA2064(?) rototiller. I do not know the exact model number but it was about 700 pounds and cost $3k.

Beyond that, the attachments are up to you and what ever you want to do? I will be using the FEL and pallet forks about 80% of the time so I negotiated for both at a very good deal.

The 3940 can easily handel a 72" rotary mower-it just costs a whole lot more then a 60" version. I am sure the 3940 can work with an 84" with no problem. How much field mowing will you be doing? If you can justify it then an 84" may be your deal?

I try to go with Land Pride but there are a lot of great attachment manufactrers out there. My flail is Chinese, very stout, and 1/4 the cost of some (Chinese made) American models.

Have fun!

/ 3940 attachment questions #3  
For rear blade I like this Land Pride model. Note the hydraulic angle I put on it, that is the reason of the 2nd remote. Anything bigger than a 6' bushog will be heavy, hard to transport on a trailer, and for my needs, take too much hp. Get a good and heavy box blade, with hydraulic rippers if you can swing it. Philip.

Attachments

• BBLADE01.JPG
    BBLADE01.JPG
    883.7 KB · Views: 84
   / 3940 attachment questions #4  
In heavy 2' grass and I'm talking thick, a 6' is going to pull it down, it'll handle it
but it's going to lug it down. Stemmy thin stuff no problem. Bigger isn't
always better if you're going to have to slow to a crawl in the really heavy
stuff.

We should have had at least one set of hydraulic hookups put on the rear,
they're coming to pick ours up soon to install them.

All the attachments for our L3940 came from these folks, they make some nice stuff:

Skid Steer Attachments - Cid Attachments Inc.

/ 3940 attachment questions #5  
I'm not sure how much a 4 in 1 bucket costs but I would think about buying a grapple instead. I think either one will require a 3rd function valve or at least one rear remove (and running hydraulic lines from the rear to operate it).