3PH Pins

/ 3PH Pins #1  

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
Does anyone know if Mahindra makes a Cat 1 sliding end............just the sliding part...........of the left lift arm to fit my 2007 Mahindra 6520? As you can see in the photo, my new (to me) Ford Model 101 3 bottom plow's left hitch pin is too short for my Cat 2 swivel ball. I cut 1/4 inch off of an adapter bushing to fit on the pin. The plow came with the attached quick lock pin. It has been ground to half of it's original diameter and is bent. It will not go all the way through the hole. Ford Plow Cat 2 Ball Too Big for Plow.jpg
hugs, Brandi

/ 3PH Pins #2  
Wouldn't be easier to grind the hitch link back so more of the shaft hole is exposed?

/ 3PH Pins #3  
Wouldn't be easier to grind the hitch link back so more of the shaft hole is exposed?
This probably would make the plow pull to one side...the crossbar is adjustable to make the plow pull straight, but only a certain amound...I've heard of folks welding on more steel to the end of the hitch point to get the same effect.

/ 3PH Pins #4  
A suggestion, remove the drawbar from the tractor whenever attaching a moldboard plow.

/ 3PH Pins #5  
This probably would make the plow pull to one side...the crossbar is adjustable to make the plow pull straight, but only a certain amound...I've heard of folks welding on more steel to the end of the hitch point to get the same effect.
1/4":confused: ... Telescopic stabilizers and plow adjustments remain.

/ 3PH Pins #6  
1/4":confused: ... Telescopic stabilizers and plow adjustments remain.

Sorry, Never mind...I just grew up on Ford tractors and plowed with Dearborn and Ford plows...the 101 was designed for tractors with 12.4 to 13.6 inch rear tires and the width from the center line of the tractor to the inside of the right rear tire is specific (such as a Ford 3000). Don't know how a 16.9" rear and the width of the centerline to the right rear of the the 6500 series might work or if significant adjustments would have to be made. Just saying.....BobG in VA

/ 3PH Pins

That would be easiest. I don't want to do that at this time.
hugs, Brandi

/ 3PH Pins
Bob,
If I ground anything, it would be the lift arm swivel ball. It's only 1/8th inch. If I ground the plow's left mount pin's shoulder..........it would only be 1/8 inch and maybe I could even camfer the swivel ball's hole to fit over a more rounded shoulder. I don't need to grind all the way down to the mount's diameter, just enough for the ball to slide over. The bushing is up under there and will not grind for it, as I have cut 1/4 inch off of the bushing.
I might sale the plow..............so I don't wanna modifly it in any way, if, possible.
hugs, Brandi

/ 3PH Pins
A suggestion, remove the drawbar from the tractor whenever attaching a moldboard plow.
The Ford Model 101 stated to just move winging drawbar to far left. I did and it clears.
Thanks anyway.
hugs, Brandi