3pt Backhoe on a GC series?

/ 3pt Backhoe on a GC series? #21  
So that is the end of that exercise. Now I am thinking about buying a used mini excavator versus renting one.

About 20 years ago, we bought a JD450 dozer, and a Bantam dragline to do my dad's property.

We cleaned them both up when we were done two years later. He sold them, for what he had in them.

/ 3pt Backhoe on a GC series? #23  
I wonder why they only show compatibility with the ge605 on the gc series tractors. That gx620 isn't too mich heavier.

/ 3pt Backhoe on a GC series? #24  
I wonder why they only show compatibility with the ge605 on the gc series tractors. That gx620 isn't too mich heavier.

IMG_1366.JPG Here a picture of my 620.

/ 3pt Backhoe on a GC series? #25  
View attachment 508729 Here a picture of my 620.

Your tractor is a bit bigger than a a gc2300 isn't? I looked on the website, it mentions that the ge605 and gx620 is compatitable with a 1423. It only lists ge605 for the gc2300. Not saying it wouldn't work, but I'd definitely make sure the subframe worked with either one.

Are you running it straight on the 3 point?

/ 3pt Backhoe on a GC series? #26  
Your tractor is a bit bigger than a a gc2300 isn't? I looked on the website, it mentions that the ge605 and gx620 is compatitable with a 1423. It only lists ge605 for the gc2300. Not saying it wouldn't work, but I'd definitely make sure the subframe worked with either one.

Are you running it straight on the 3 point?
No I have a subframe, also I think if I would have a ge605, that bolts would line up the same on the gx620. There is my subframe.IMG_0996.JPG

/ 3pt Backhoe on a GC series? #27  
must be obvious by now, now matter what you buy, there will be times when it's not going to be able to do what you need.

far as the 3 point backhoe, I wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole. I have terrain on my property and the gc2410 backhoe, tucked as tightly to the tractor as it is, still occasionally hangs up on rough ground. a 3 point would be that much worse because it sticks out the back that much further.

far as I'm concerned, for my needs, buying a machine without a loader and backhoe would have been a complete waste of money. the backhoe gets used far less often than the loader, but it has still paid for itself, on it's own, long ago. :2cents:

Massey Ferguson GC241 - YouTube

/ 3pt Backhoe on a GC series?
must be obvious by now, now matter what you buy, there will be times when it's not going to be able to do what you need.

Taken to it's logical conclusion, that would mean there's no point in buying anything...

Realistically though, this is one more place that Pareto's Law probably applies.

I bought the tractor only to blow snow. But once I got it and saw how powerful and versatile it is, I realized that I hadn't considered its potential.

/ 3pt Backhoe on a GC series? #29  
Taken to it's logical conclusion, that would mean there's no point in buying anything...

Realistically though, this is one more place that Pareto's Law probably applies.

I bought the tractor only to blow snow. But once I got it and saw how powerful and versatile it is, I realized that I hadn't considered its potential.

not what I meant.

what I meant to say is that I am glad that I bought a tractor with the backhoe integrated into the original design rather than an afterthought that would be much less benefit.

the ballast that the weight of the backhoe provides is extremely valuable, but I believe the awkwardness of having that weight set a long way behind the tractor, in combination with a short wheelbase, would offset that benefit significantly.

your example just reinforces the notion that it's not necessarily a bad thing to delay a major purchase while you overthink it to death, or save up the money to pay cash. manipulating the impulse buy may be successful marketing strategy, but it's not necessarily the best thing for the consumer, as you are experiencing.

/ 3pt Backhoe on a GC series? #30  
not what I meant.

what I meant to say is that I am glad that I bought a tractor with the backhoe integrated into the original design rather than an afterthought that would be much less benefit.

the ballast that the weight of the backhoe provides is extremely valuable, but I believe the awkwardness of having that weight set a long way behind the tractor, in combination with a short wheelbase, would offset that benefit significantly.

your example just reinforces the notion that it's not necessarily a bad thing to delay a major purchase while you overthink it to death, or save up the money to pay cash. manipulating the impulse buy may be successful marketing strategy, but it's not necessarily the best thing for the consumer, as you are experiencing.

You don't have to go 3 point though. They make a subframe that would be near identical to factory setup.