3pt cement mixer

/ 3pt cement mixer #1  

KubotainNH

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100
Hello all, it's 13 degrees outside not counting the wind chill and I'm thinking spring. I have a bunch of outside projects that will need cement and was wondering if anyone has made a cement mixer to attach to there tractor. I have a clothes washer drum that I thought may be good to use for this project. Any thoughts, ideas on doing this? Thanks in advance.

/ 3pt cement mixer #2  
I had the same thoughts, bought a 3 ph mixer 80 from Agri-Supply. I also have contacted a friend who has an appliance business, specializing in washer/dryers, and asked him about keeping his eye out for a commercial size tub to build a front cement mixer to monunt to a QA plate. Good dreaming brain material over these chillie days........... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 3pt cement mixer #3  
Here's an interesting link.
Mother Earth News cement mixer

Just need to add power.We have a small mixer at our dry cleaning plant,the rotation comes from just a belt looped around the drum and then to an electric motor.Maybe you could loop it to your PTO or an hydraulic motor.
I just did a Google seach and found lots of them....
3PT cement mixers

/ 3pt cement mixer
The mother earth link is very good. A little adaptation to it for the 3ph might work well. Maybe lock the lower arms and use the upper arm to tilt it. I guess I need to pull that drum out and see how it's setup. This may be a project I take pictures of and post. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 3pt cement mixer #5  
Maybe someone here has one and will post a couple of pictures. I've seen one up close on the back of a JD this past summer, it was a manufactured one and when you raised or lowered (can't remember) the 3PH, the geometry of the top link automatically dumps the mixer contents.

Steve

/ 3pt cement mixer #6  
I was thinking of making one out of a clothes dryer drum, It already has the paddles built in along with the motor & belt to rotate it. just build a frame for it and some casters for it to ride on while rotating. Haven't completely designed it in my my head yet but should be fairly simple.

/ 3pt cement mixer #7  
Steve:

I have one that I bought a number of years ago. It's a 3 bagger with a steel drum and it mounts on a Cat I or II TPH and you remove the top link and the mixer has a threaded link that you adjust so when you raise the TPH, the mixer dumps itself.

I might add that the lower pins are adjustable too. You set the mixer flat on the ground (it has skid like feet), set the lower pins in the proper holes and attach the threaded top link. You mix in the lowered position and then pick up the TPH to dump the load. We've mixed a lot of "just add water and mix" Quickcrete in the mixer along with grain and supplements for the horses.

Interestingly, the drum drive is via pto shaft which drives 2 rubber tires by roller chain. The drum sits on the tires and has an abrasive band around the drum that the tires run on. The more ready mix in the drum the more tractive effort the wheels have. It works really good and it's real simple.

I have had a few offers to buy it and I always refuse. I bought it for $50.00 from a guy who had a bunch of junk but I instantly recognized it's value.

It's in the shed and it's really cold out so no pictures right now. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 3pt cement mixer #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I was thinking of making one out of a clothes dryer drum, )</font>

Mind find those thousands of holes to be a problem... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 3pt cement mixer #9  
Here is a photo of one that I saw at a tractor show. The diagonal bar and the angle iron are fixed, the bolt where they meet (left side of photo) is the pivot. The vertical bar from the TPH has a pivot bolt in the horizontal frame bar that runs along the drum. When you lift the TPH it tilts the drum like a dump truck. The rear of the drum rides on two small wheels. A rim/tire bolted to the front of the drum rides on the PTO shaft to provide rotation.

/ 3pt cement mixer #10  
Attachment didn't work, I'll try again.