3pt question on my 1705

/ 3pt question on my 1705 #1  

edgarrian

Platinum Member
Tractor
NA
Fellas,

I was wondering with the 1705's if you can separate the hydraulic functions of the 3pt and the mower deck. Another words can I leave my 3pt up and have my mower deck down? Im asking b/c I need to know if I can do this for my pto driven leaf vac.

Thanks
Jake

/ 3pt question on my 1705 #2  
Fellas,

I was wondering with the 1705's if you can separate the hydraulic functions of the 3pt and the mower deck. Another words can I leave my 3pt up and have my mower deck down? Im asking b/c I need to know if I can do this for my pto driven leaf vac.

Thanks
Jake

What type of mower deck???... Are you referencing to a mid mount mower....

Dale

/ 3pt question on my 1705
Yes it has MMM, However the leaf vac is a pull behind thats pto driven. And I was wondering if the hydraulics can be separate from each function rather than together. So can I lower and raise the MMM without having the three point do the same. Is there switch. I don't think there is atleast from what i have read from the manual

/ 3pt question on my 1705 #4  
Mine has levers on the left that operate each pto independently. Is that what you want to do?

/ 3pt question on my 1705 #5  
Just use some twine to tie the 3pt arms in the up position, then the mower deck can go up and down without the 3pt moving. I know you can lock the MMM in the up position to use the 3pt without moving the deck, just apply the same concept to the 3pt. The 3pt is a one way hydraulic cylinder so there is no down pressure on the arms.

/ 3pt question on my 1705
Thats what the dealer said as well. Thanks for the reply. Trac Vac has a lift kit available but it seemed like unnecessary work to implement that into the three point of the tractor. I also inquired about the possibility of moving the hydraulic controls for the FEL by the seat. I guess there isn't a way to have that done. He did say that possibly the new models that will be coming out will have this feature of having a joystick by the seat to control the FEL which i think is a great idea.

Just use some twine to tie the 3pt arms in the up position, then the mower deck can go up and down without the 3pt moving. I know you can lock the MMM in the up position to use the 3pt without moving the deck, just apply the same concept to the 3pt. The 3pt is a one way hydraulic cylinder so there is no down pressure on the arms.

/ 3pt question on my 1705 #7  
The mower lift linkage is connected to the 3pt lift arm, so the short answer is no, you cannot separate the mower from the 3pt hitch. The long answer is that if you disconnect the lower 3pt arm from the lift arm and hold them up with a chain or something, then you can effectively separate the movement. If you do not disconnect the lower 3pt arms from the lift arm, the mower deck will not lower.

Here is a video of the installation of a grass catcher on a 3pt hitch. You'll see they disconnect the lift links and install "stabilizer bars". That holds the 3pt arms up, but disconnects them from the lift arms allowing the mower linkage to move.
Humboldt Compact Tractor Easy Installation Video - YouTube

/ 3pt question on my 1705 #8  

"Stay Chains" (Check Chains - Limit Chains) may be a option... And connect vac to chassis draw bar (tow point) ....

Dale

/ 3pt question on my 1705 #9  
"Stay Chains" (Check Chains - Limit Chains) may be a option... And connect vac to chassis draw bar (tow point) ....

Dale

The lower 3pt arms are connected to the 3pt lift arms with a solid link. You either need to disconnect them, or perhaps replace that link with chain. Otherwise, when you install check chains, the lift arm wont be able to drop either, and the mower linkage is connected to the lift arms.

/ 3pt question on my 1705 #10  
The mower lift linkage is connected to the 3pt lift arm, so the short answer is no, you cannot separate the mower from the 3pt hitch.

My bad. I thought it worked both directions with that. I thought you can keep the mower deck up, but use the 3pt. Or maybe that was on a Kubota? I looked at a few before buying my mom the 1705. I'm new to the 1705, and I don't have a mower deck.