3pt watering solution

/ 3pt watering solution
Why? That's what the PTO is for. I prefer the pto pump over a 12v pump, it'll do more volume or more pressure, just all around more useful. I'll do a 12v pump on a pickup because that's all the power source I have.

Roller pumps are bulletproof and rebuildable - unlike cheap electrical pumps.

/ 3pt watering solution
55 gallon barrel holds 60 full. That's 520 pounds with barrel. Tarp straps aren't suitable.

LOL, ok. So you think that the two rubber bungees are holding 260 pounds each? :D

/ 3pt watering solution #13  
LOL, ok. So you think that the two rubber bungees are holding 260 pounds each? :D
The main problem isn't 520 pounds when full,it's 390 pounds sloushing around when only 75% full.:yes:
On secound thought,520 might also be a problem when tractor pop's a wheelie.:D

/ 3pt watering solution #14  
The problem is barrel tipping backward on any incline plus sloshing. The bottom rubber strap holds little. Put a web strap on the top.

/ 3pt watering solution #15  
Cool idea. Ive had to haul water for the wife in the past. Got old fast. Since we require 4-5 foot bury for water lines here in n. Idaho, i did not feel like tearing up everything to add frost frees. What i did is add summer faucets for her when i put in sprinkler system. The pipes are less than 12” under ground, so need to be blown out in winter. But she doesnt need water then anyways. Gives me more time to nap.

/ 3pt watering solution #16  
Remind's me of the guy in traffic court trying to convince judge that his load was properly secured,"the load would have been fine had not draft from speeding truck he met blown load off.

/ 3pt watering solution #17  
I use a pull behind tank with its own engine driving a large roller type direct drive pump. Never worry bout wheelies or pto's ----- pto drives the mower deck from the front

/ 3pt watering solution
I have to find a hose that does not cringe and make a loop - for the water to the pump line. The garden hose is not ideal and the distance is changing with the lift. Ideas?

/ 3pt watering solution #20  
I have to find a hose that does not cringe and make a loop - for the water to the pump line. The garden hose is not ideal and the distance is changing with the lift. Ideas?

Standard Ag EPDM sprayer hose should be available by the foot in most farm and garden stores. Cut it a little long so it can loop a little.
Add a bypass valve and good to go.

Nice rig BTW.