3rd function valve cost

/ 3rd function valve cost #11  
The question is - would I have the dealer do it again or would I do it myself. I'd have the dealer do it again - in a heart beat. It's been eight years now with the 3rd function valve and grapple. Not even the slightest of problems. Absolutely the most used implement. It does things that this 79 year old fart never even thought of when he was 40.

/ 3rd function valve cost #12  
I ordered a grapple and third function for The L3901 I just bought. Grapple is on back order but dealership had the third function kit (Land Pride) in stock. I opted to install myself for a $225 discount. The instructions weren’t the best, but I found a YouTube video that made install easy.

Mike
Is yours a third function or diverter valve? I have the latter because it came on the tractor. The downside is that I can’t work the grapple and curl the bucket at the same time, which took some getting used to.
It also resulted in a lot of dropped material until I got used to closing and lifting in two steps.

/ 3rd function valve cost #13  
Hi Jstpssng,

It‘s a land Pride third function valve, the grapple (on order) is a Land Pride SGC0660. I can not attest to how it works, since I don’t have the grapple part yet.
hopefully it will arrive in September.

Mike

/ 3rd function valve cost #14  
Is yours a third function or diverter valve? I have the latter because it came on the tractor. The downside is that I can’t work the grapple and curl the bucket at the same time, which took some getting used to.
It also resulted in a lot of dropped material until I got used to closing and lifting in two steps.
Grapple came in yesterday, really enjoying learning what it can do and how to do it!
Jstpssng, this is my first grapple, I do think it’s a diverter valve now that I have it, like yours I can’t do some of the functions at the same time.

Mike

/ 3rd function valve cost #15  
My grapple also came in yesterday :) I use the 3rd rear remote that I plumbed to the front. I can use the lift and curl functions of the fel at the same time as opening and closing the grapple. Going to take practice. I did 'harvest' a landscape feature out of the woods this afternoon tho. Not really big but fun doing it.

20210917_134004_resized.jpg

20210917_135358_resized.jpg