3rd function valve cost

/ 3rd function valve cost #1  

OldJazzR

Tractor
Kubota L3710
I have a L3710 GST, purchased new in 2000-01. I'd like to add a third function valve.
If anyone knows what this would cost installed please post it. Thanks!

JP

/ 3rd function valve cost #2  
With you installing it? or a dealer / mechanic doing the work?

You might want to start here... call them to make sure they have your model specs. I'm pretty sure this is turn key with hoses but I would make sure:

https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...rd-Function-Hydraulic-Kit-p/tra-3rd-funcl.htm

You can look for cheaper but you'll have to buy hydraulic hoses and that cost is pretty high....

/ 3rd function valve cost #3  
For my BX, the parts kit was around $700, from Kubota, if memory serves. From what I read, the install is fairly involved. I decided to not jump on it. Therefore, my grapple still sits, unused.

/ 3rd function valve cost #4  
For my new MX5400 I was quoted $1000 for the 3rd function kit and install (3rd Function (380.331A))

/ 3rd function valve cost #5  
The W.R. Long is somewhat pricey (for a single function) but it give you power at the press of a button. The high price is for a clean, compact install. If you want to get your hands dirty and save some money you can plumb a single valve for less money. Or go the route I took and installed a 3 spool to also power a hydraulic top-n-side link, for an extra $150 for far more function and features.

Ugly, yes sure... but it's still functional and that's all I wanted. A grapple sitting un-used... that's just sad!?!?

I don't recommend using this Single valve is: 1 Spool 8 GPM Prince MB11B5C1 DA Valve

The 3 spool (even if you don't use it for years) is more bang for the buck: 3 Spool Prince MB31BBB5C1 DA Valve

Install it and save for the hydraulic top and side link - beside, I think it takes Brain about that long to build them :ROFLMAO:

The install is the same for both valves... I am cheap so I mounted my 3 spool above the FEL valve so that I could re-use some hydraulic hoses.

You need to hook the valve up in "series", one after the other. Think of Power Beyond as High pressure out. Instead of going back to the 3 point hitch, you insert the new valve between them. Remove the old power beyond hose from the FEL and mount it to the power beyond out of the new valve. Then buy a new hydraulic hose to attach from where you just disconnected from the old valve's power beyond and feed the high pressure IN port of the new valve to complete the circuit (route).

Other than "T'ing" the 2 valve's low pressure return to Tank lines together... and running lines to the grapple and to the rear remotes (or directly into the hydraulic Top-N-tilt cylinders), you are done.

First step I took was mount the 3 spool... above the FEL valve. Drilled a couple holes for the base plate. Then drill holes to mount the new spool... after that I used a garden hose to measure distances for the hydraulic hoses...

One thing I did not do (but would the next time) is get the hydraulic hoses with ends that would screw directly into the new spool. I used adapters and that cost me more.

Photo 1 is the Finish product, a birds nest of hoses. I prefer to have that out in front of me. Hoses are routed underneath the tractor to the rear. Grapple hoses are straight along the FEL arms (not pictured).
Photo 2 another angle of finished install.
Photo 3 is removal of the cover and removal of the lock... just unbolt things!
Photo 4 is installing bolts in the holes that held the cover on. The tall bolt will also be used to hold the new valve.
Photo 5 is mounting plate for new valve - note the extra two holes to the right - those are for the new valve.
Photo 6 is the excess plate is cut off and the new valve is bolted to it, view from underneath...
Photo 7 is of the mounting plate again...

All together I had something like $700 into it... lots of $$$ in hoses. Get small hoses, the low flow works in your favor.

Attachments

• birdsnest.jpg
    birdsnest.jpg
    710 KB · Views: 357
  • controls.JPG
    controls.JPG
    433.8 KB · Views: 320
  • DSCN4534.JPG
    DSCN4534.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 265
  • DSCN4535.JPG
    DSCN4535.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 242
  • DSCN4536.JPG
    DSCN4536.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 235
  • DSCN4587.JPG
    DSCN4587.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 251
  • DSCN4595.JPG
    DSCN4595.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 290
Last edited:
   / 3rd function valve cost #6  
I had the Kubota dealer instal the grapple and WR Long 3rd function. Cost of valve plus all the plumbing and installation - $1000. I can load a picture but you kind of have to know what you are looking at. It's between the FEL vertical member and the shell of the tractor. Attached to the FEL vertical member. They obviously have done many of these. The valve itself and hoses are well protected.

IMG_0131.jpeg

/ 3rd function valve cost #7  
I have a L3710 GST, purchased new in 2000-01. I'd like to add a third function valve.
If anyone knows what this would cost installed please post it. Thanks!

JP
Once you have it and use it on a tool like a grapple you will be glad you spent the money on it. On my L3940 it is attached to the loader, comes off with the loader. The advantage is you only disconnect the 4 loader hoses like normal and a single wire. I remove the loader every other day because I do a lot of mowing and the loader gets in the way of being maneuverable around trees. Tooth bar on the bucket is indispensable when using the grapple.

/ 3rd function valve cost #8  
I was quoted $1000 this fall by my dealer. I was at the time buying the tractor new, so maybe that helped with the price, not sure.

/ 3rd function valve cost #10  
I ordered a grapple and third function for The L3901 I just bought. Grapple is on back order but dealership had the third function kit (Land Pride) in stock. I opted to install myself for a $225 discount. The instructions weren’t the best, but I found a YouTube video that made install easy.

Mike