Oil & Fuel $4 plus Fuel!!!

/ $4 plus Fuel!!! #11  
Even 5% Biodiesel is at $4 out here, regular unleaded is at $3.60 or more. It cost me $46 to gas up my Kia commuter car!

It is likely to continue going up, and why wouldn't it? If people keep buying as much as ever the gas companies, like any economist, are going to see it as a sign that the price hasn't gone high enough yet. I saw this article from 2 years ago High gas prices really sting low-wage workers talking about prices "soaring over $2", now the price has nearly doubled and the general population seems to be driving as much as ever, traffic during commute times sure hasn't gotten any lighter.

Even though diesel is more than gas I'm thinking that trading the Kia for a small diesel pickup truck will make a lot of sense...as soon as one becomes available (from Mahindra in 2009 maybe).

/ $4 plus Fuel!!! #13  
What is the general difference in price between on road diesel and off road diesel. I am told the taxes are either eliminated or reduced but I'm not sure how much difference there is. If the difference is enough, I'll have to search for someplace to get it. I cant afford to spend $25.00 a week on fuel just to cut grass:eek: . I love seat time, but it's starting to get expensive.

Michael

/ $4 plus Fuel!!! #14  
BizDoc said:
What is the general difference in price between on road diesel and off road diesel. I am told the taxes are either eliminated or reduced but I'm not sure how much difference there is. If the difference is enough, I'll have to search for someplace to get it. I cant afford to spend $25.00 a week on fuel just to cut grass:eek: . I love seat time, but it's starting to get expensive.

Michael

Here in Arizona I believe that it is 18 cents per gallon. I just finished filling out an application with the local cardlock people. They are the only station around here that have red dye diesel. The big boys use the cardlock as a fuel account and get billed every month. For little users like myself the card basically act as a debit card, you give them an account to take it out of and they debit the account every time you use their card.

/ $4 plus Fuel!!! #16  
The Husky service center where I buy off-road diesel, north of Toronto Ont. the price as of yesterday was $1.17 cdn per litre for on-road and $1.03 for coloured diesel.
This would convert to $4.43 cdn per US gal and $3.89 respectively, for a difference of $0.14 per litre or $0.54 per US gal.

/ $4 plus Fuel!!! #17  
I would gladly pay $10.00 per gallon before I sent one red cent in Hugo Chavez's direction. A lot of stations have stopped selling Citgo gas because Chavez's extremist views leave a bad taste in American consumer's mouths:mad: :mad: :mad: .
Rant is over:rolleyes:
Mark

/ $4 plus Fuel!!! #18  
In just the last 4 days diesel has gone from $4 to $4.25 out here, regular unleaded didn't go up at all.

/ $4 plus Fuel!!! #19  
Here's one that may suprise many!

What country supplies the largest percentage of oil to the United States ?

SaudiArabia ?.......Iraq ?...........Venezeula ?.........Nigeria ?.........Mexico ?..........Kuwait ? .......The United Arab Emirates ?........Russia ?............The Vatican ?

Actually it's Canada......... (1.784 million barrels a day in December 2007 according the U.S government figures). Most of it from the Province of Alberta.