Oil & Fuel $4 plus Fuel!!!

/ $4 plus Fuel!!! #21  
Hey Biz Doc..

You asked the difference between on road and off road fuel. It is in the parts per million in sulfur. Here in the states they instituted a "clean fuels" program for diesel in mid 2006. (Ultra low sulfur) I believe that on road diesel now contains 15 ppm and off road is much higher. That is why they dye the off road so that if they check fuel tanks they can spot truckers or whomever cheating.

Expensive refinery upgrades but they have paid for it ten times over.

/ $4 plus Fuel!!! #22  
RedSnk97 said:
Hey Biz Doc..

You asked the difference between on road and off road fuel. It is in the parts per million in sulfur. Here in the states they instituted a "clean fuels" program for diesel in mid 2006. (Ultra low sulfur) I believe that on road diesel now contains 15 ppm and off road is much higher. That is why they dye the off road so that if they check fuel tanks they can spot truckers or whomever cheating.

Expensive refinery upgrades but they have paid for it ten times over.

I believe that out here in Calif the only difference is the color and no road tax. If you get caught with red dye in an on road vehicle, I think that the fine is $1000 per gallon of capacity.:eek: 40 gallon tank = $40,000 fine, even if you only put in 5 gallons of red.

/ $4 plus Fuel!!! #25  
DreaminGreen said:
Paid $4.27 a few days ago in Mass. man am I thankful diesel are easy on fuel. I am scared where this is going to end.:(

Road diesel was $4.47 in town here today.

/ $4 plus Fuel!!! #26  
Highest I've seen is $3.999. Put 31.3 gallons in my employers truck, $122 @ $3.899.

/ $4 plus Fuel!!! #27  
RedSnk97 said:
Hey Biz Doc..You asked the difference between on road and off road fuel.It is in the parts per million in sulfur. Here in the states they instituted a "clean fuels" program for diesel in mid 2006. (Ultra low sulfur)

1*I believe that on road diesel now contains 15 ppm and off road is much higher.
2* That is why they dye the off road so that if they check fuel tanks they can spot truckers or whomever cheating.
1*I'd say they're probably getting pretty low on the highr sulfur stuff by now and are having to dye the on roald diesel red to proudce the off road fuel;
Be it called Home heating oil or off road diesel.
It's getting to the point of no matter where you buy it it's the same thing you get out of the pump at your local truck stop.
2* Cheating on what?
They don't dye off road it's already dyed that's what makes it off road.

/ $4 plus Fuel!!! #28  
MtnViewRanch said:
I believe that out here in Calif the only difference is the color and no road tax. If you get caught with red dye in an on road vehicle, I think that the fine is $1000 per gallon of capacity.:eek: 40 gallon tank = $40,000 fine, even if you only put in 5 gallons of red.
There is ony one fuel .
The only issue is where is it used and is it taxed.

/ $4 plus Fuel!!! #29  
Diesel at $4.59 gallon at the Shell Station near the Oakland Airport in California this evening

/ $4 plus Fuel!!! #30  
LBrown59 said:
There is ony one fuel .
The only issue is where is it used and is it taxed.

I'm not sure why you are quoting me.:confused: Yes the fuel is the same quality and I know that. Here in California the off road fuel is dyed red and you do not pay all of the road tax.

I think that maybe you wanted to quote RedSnk97?