4 Wheel Drive Lawn Tractor

/ 4 Wheel Drive Lawn Tractor #11  
What about a small tractor with a MMM

Also when I was looking for a lawn tractor for the house yard both Kubota and JD had 4x4 lawn tractors in their lineup. I ended up with a zero turn and purchasing a JDM mini truck for the tasks you are describing. Lots of ways to solve this problem. I like the mini because I can get a plate in my state to drive on roads. If I lived in one of the states that does not allow this I would have purchased an RTV/UTV.

If you really just want 1 vehicle to do it all I would say get a small tractor around 20-25hp that can use a mid mount mower.

You are not that far from Powertrac so you could go check out their offerings. They have some neat stuff

/ 4 Wheel Drive Lawn Tractor #12  
Our yard is nearly all hillside and the 1st lawn garden tractor mower we had got was stuck, stuck and stuck again. The 2nd one was a 4wd Husky center-actuating version which we still have and its never spun its tires or got stuck. Love it! But thats a moot point since no-one makes them anymore........:(

/ 4 Wheel Drive Lawn Tractor #13  
Welcome! As stated above, there are lots of ways to skin this cat. For a true one-stop machine, I'd look at the small John Deere (1025 or 2025) or Kubota (BX series) tractors with mower, loader and possibly brush cutter. Or myriad of other brand's sub-compact tractors. My best advice, when you buy, make sure to buy the attachment and options that you want in the future. I cheaped out and regret it.

A tractor and attachments will give you a swiss army knife approach. Not always the best choice for every application, but can do a lot of stuff. It's often the stepping stone to further refine your equipment needs and wants.

/ 4 Wheel Drive Lawn Tractor #14  
If I were you, I'd look into a subcompact or compact tractor in the 25Hp category with a mower deck, it will do most everything of your needs. Once you get a tractor, you wonder how the heck you did so long without one. That front loader with a set of pallet forks and or a grapple...........it will blow your mind. Listen I mow for clients as a side jobs, some of them have large properties. Once they see my setup, I can see sprockets working in their eyes..............bing. Suddenly they own a tractor.

/ 4 Wheel Drive Lawn Tractor #15  
Welcome! As stated above, there are lots of ways to skin this cat. For a true one-stop machine, I'd look at the small John Deere (1025 or 2025) or Kubota (BX series) tractors with mower, loader and possibly brush cutter. Or myriad of other brand's sub-compact tractors. My best advice, when you buy, make sure to buy the attachment and options that you want in the future. I cheaped out and regret it.

A tractor and attachments will give you a swiss army knife approach. Not always the best choice for every application, but can do a lot of stuff. It's often the stepping stone to further refine your equipment needs and wants.
Yeh, I concur at the very least, the o/p is in scut territory if they want one machine to do it all.

/ 4 Wheel Drive Lawn Tractor #16  
Have you looked at Power Trac? They are a little over an hour from you. They are local and might be worth looking at. There are some folks own here that have them that could tell you more.

/ 4 Wheel Drive Lawn Tractor #17  
I would favor a 1984-1988 Ford Bronco II 4x4 with manual hubs, manual transfer case, and manual transmission. I had 30 acres in central Maine and use to take it down ATV trails on the property, pretty much stock with the exception of 235/75r15 tires. You can make a small firewood cage out of 2x4s, secure it so you do not get squished in an accident, and load it to the roof with firewood such as birch, as I used to do. Oak only go <1/2 way, it can handle 1,000# or so okay driving slow off road, not 2000# of oak to the roof.

It has almost a 50/50 front to back weight distribution and for pulling stuff in the wood, the 110 HP and 150 FT PD of torque with 4LO (2:68 ratio) multiplying that provides more then enough power to pull trailers and implements. I like to put a good bumper front and back with pintle hooks/2" ball combos, along with D rings. Add a HF 5000# winch front and back, not only would help when stuck, but, you can skid logs with the winch to where you can grab them with an Arch or to put on a trailer. A light duty 4x8 trailer is the perfect size for the vehicle. A locker in the rear axle would not hurt, I would not put one in the front if you need to steer around trees a lot.

There is the bonus of having good heat and A/C and room for spare parts and equipment such as saws, PLUS, a place to lie down and take a nap if you have to or when it is pouring rain too hard to work. I have been running aggressive retreads for 10+ years and recently upgraded to 16" rims so I could run the retread chevron tires in the link below because tread wright no longer does the 15" tires.

( I get the crushed acorns for the winter traction)

I forgot about those! I used to drive a Bronco II. Awesome little SUV. That thing went anywhere.

As for the original poster, when you look at the price of 4WD garden tractors you are better off to spend a bit more and get a SCUT. Opens the door to a lot more implements and loaders and backhoes if you ever want to add them.

/ 4 Wheel Drive Lawn Tractor #18  

/ 4 Wheel Drive Lawn Tractor #19  
Those Ventracs are cool and all, but Jesus those prices! Also, they used to have loaders (with less lift capacity than a scut) but now just have a front scoop type thing.

/ 4 Wheel Drive Lawn Tractor #20  
He never mentioned cost, and he never mentions a loader in his original post, but Ventrac still makes a loader.

Those Ventracs are cool and all, but Jesus those prices! Also, they used to have loaders (with less lift capacity than a scut) but now just have a front scoop type thing.