405A Belarus

/ 405A Belarus #11  
The only repairs I've done are rebuild the starter, replace a leaking hydrualic hose and redo the seals on the hydraulic valve assembly. The parts arrived in each case 3 days UPS. The hydrualic assembly took about 4 hours to complete. The starter took about two hours. Total expense beyond my time was a little more than $200. I agree that a person has to be willing (and able) to do the work themselves. The parts for the 572 are readily available; one phone call, no chasing. Of course the option is having the tractor worked on by a dealer. A friend of mine has a Kubota (don't know the model) but for some reason he has had two wheel bearings fail. The 1st one was done under warranty but he had to have the tractor hauled to the dealer. The second time it was done after warranty and the total cost was around $700 which included the cost of transporting the tractor.

The irony in his story was he had an older 572 than my tractor. He bought the machine used for $4500 and put over 200 hours on it. He wanted a more friendly tractor from an operators perspective so he ended up with the Kubota. It's a smaller cab tractor (he likes it very much). He did tell me that he does sometimes wish he still had the Belarus to do some heavy loader work that the kubota can't do.

/ 405A Belarus #12  
n4807g,

A co-worker of mine owns a 500 series Belarus tractor. They bought it a few months ago from a tractor dealer in New York state. I don't know if it's a Belarus dealer, or just a used tractor dealer. They are having trouble trying to properly operate the tractor's hydralic controls. They even talked to the dealer that you buy parts from in Meadeville, Pa, and they couldn't help. If I can find out what the year, model and hydralic problem is on this Belarus tractor, would you mind giving you input?

arthurb,

/ 405A Belarus #13  
1st question to ask is did they get a parts manual? If they did all the better. I would be willing to give you my opinion if you find out specifically what the problem is.

/ 405A Belarus #14  
They either have a parts, and or, operator's manual. I'll talk with them tomorrow at work, and then post their comments about the problem that they are experiencing with. Thank you for your reply.

arthurb,

/ 405A Belarus #15  
n4807g,

Here's the problem my co-worker has with their Belarus tractor. They don't know how to regulate the hydralic pressure when using different implements and attachments. The hydralic pump on the tractor gets very hot to the touch. This happens when using the FEL and rear hydralic attachments. They read the owner's manual, but they claim it's very confusing. They tried operating a rear mounted hay-bine last week. The hay-bine wouldn't work up to the proper pto speed, and the hydralic pump on the tractor started to get very hot as mentioned before.

My co-worker mentioned that they are not sure if they have the right hydralic connections made between the tractor and the hay-bine. They say the owners manual is confusing and not specific on the hydralic connection issue. They have either the 505 or 525 model. I forgot to ask them if they have 2wd or 4wd????

arthurb,

/ 405A Belarus #16  
The hydralic pump on the tractor gets very hot to the touch.

Now I don't know what their problem is or what to do about it, but they all get too hot to hold your hand on, so if they think it's too hot, they need to measure the temperature another way. 100 degrees plus the ambient temperature is not unusual.

/ 405A Belarus #17  
The pump getting hot is of most concern. If the tractor is running without any hydraulic activity does the pump get hot? With the 3 point in Neutral and the three control levers also in the Neutral position the pump should simply circulate at flow rate back to the tank. There is an overpressure relief and assuming any of the hydrualic valves is actuated and remains on the pump would build to rated pressure and then relieve through the relief valve. Of course the attached cylinder or implement would be constantly actuated.

As far as remotes are concerned.....on my 572 the rear remotes are simply Tee'd off the valve that actuates the loader bucket so hooking up any hydraulic driven implement means connecting the pressure side and return then actuating the control lever furthest to the left.

Hope that helps. If they want anymore information...copies of my manual or parts list have them contact me directly at n4807g@verizon.net

/ 405A Belarus #18  
n4807g

I will give them your reply and email address. Thank you very much.

arthurb,

/ 405A Belarus #19  
A 405 is a VTZ built tractor. Not the best for dependabilty. The MTZ built 4cyl water cooled ones tend to fare a bit better. On awhole Belarus tractors need a very good selling dealer,that knew what to change on them before they were sold originally. If you are used to western tractors then a Belarus will seem backwards to you.

The early ones did have hydraulic couplers that did not match NA standards.