40K max

/ 40K max #11  
Hi. I know this is going to sound odd, but I refuse to pay more than 40K for a tractor and loader. Would be nice if it had a cab, and might be willing to go 42K, but that's it. Only other caveat is that I need to lift just under 2K lbs with a set of forks. I don't really need much from the rear of the machine. I'm moving metal totes of firewood. Needs to be a new machine. Any suggestions?

How high do you need to lift 2,000 pound metal totes of firewood?

How smooth and level is the ground you will traverse?

A 3,700 pound bare weight Kubota tractor will be sufficient for some, but fairly tippy and may not lift high enough for you. (Kubota MX, Kubota Grand L with LA1065 Front End Loader.)

Personally, for safety reasons I recommend a Kubota M series.
Kubota M6060 Weight
5005 lbs (4WD ROPS)
2270 kg
5358 lbs (4WD Cab)
2430 kg

LA1154 Loader / Power Position
2928 lbs lift (full at pin)
1328 kg

To lift 2,000 pounds to full height with a M series you will still need ~ 800 pounds ~ of counterbalance mounted on the Three Point Hitch.

VIDEOS:

Last edited:
   / 40K max #14  
Using your parameters, you cannot buy a new Kubota that accomplishes your goal.

Their lift capacity at that price point is woefully less than the competition.

/ 40K max #15  
I like my Kioti; But TYM 574 HST open station falls well below your budget, even if you throw another $850-1200 on for forks. You probably could get the cab version within your price limits.
Screenshot_20230816_151801_Facebook.jpg

/ 40K max #16  
If you want specifically a Kubota, MX6000, open station, just might squeeze in under $40,000 with a set of forks, assuming your state exempts ag equipment from sales tax.
Screenshot_20230818_223718_Chrome.jpg

/ 40K max #17  
You should be able to get an MX5400 for that.
I’m pretty sure when I got a quote for one a couple months ago it was under $40k for tractor with loader

/ 40K max #19  
Find the nicest pre emissions unit you can. This will allow you to go bigger, be safer, get your loader & cab and probably wind up with a more reliable tractor.

/ 40K max #20  
Only other caveat is that I need to lift just under 2K lbs with a set of forks. I don't really need much from the rear of the machine. I'm moving metal totes of firewood. Needs to be a new machine. Any suggestions?

Consider a rear engine Skid Steer, rear engine Compact Track Loader or rear engine, articulated Wheel Loader in lieu of a front engine tractor.

Last edited: