Mowing 413 rotary mower on back of a 2305, chapter 2

/ 413 rotary mower on back of a 2305, chapter 2 #11  
I know you are worried about stumps and rocks hurting your cutter, but you need to be concerned about your tractor also. The 2305 has a cooling fan for the tranny mounted very low. I have read this fan is not fun to replace. You may want to check up on this also. JC

/ 413 rotary mower on back of a 2305, chapter 2
I am mitigating that concern by mowing in reverse for the time being as well as using the bucket on the front of the tractor to knock targets down if mowing in forward motion.

Actually, the fan isn't nearly at risk as much as the hydraulic oil filter. The fan is covered from beneath and the mower lift linkage runs right in front of it as well so it's not that big of a problem. The oil filter, however, is completely exposed.

I'm very disappointed in JD for this design. I will entertain no excuse. Even the sales guy at my local dealership could only shrug with perplexity when I asked him about it. He's a good guy and I really appreciate his honesty but it sure doesn't help resolve the problem. When I have some free time, I'm going to fashion something up for it. Until then, I'll just continue to be very careful where I go.

/ 413 rotary mower on back of a 2305, chapter 2 #13  
I'm glad you are aware of the potential problem. I have seen a few people on here that found out the hard way. JC

/ 413 rotary mower on back of a 2305, chapter 2
Oh well, nothing's perfect as they say. If an exposed oil filter and fan are the worst things about this machine, I'd still say it's a grand slam overall.:)

Thanks for the input.