42" light duty forks or 48" heavier duty forks?

/ 42" light duty forks or 48" heavier duty forks?
I definitely need ballast. I use my box scrape now for ballast, but it is pretty light. I also use my bush hog, since it weighs more than the box scrape and the center of gravity of the bush hog is pretty far back of the tractor, but that is obviously a cumbersome ballast arrangement. I am thinking of something like a carry-all that I could load up with weights when used for ballast or use for other purposes.

/ 42" light duty forks or 48" heavier duty forks? #42  
I definitely need ballast. I use my box scrape now for ballast, but it is pretty light. I also use my bush hog, since it weighs more than the box scrape and the center of gravity of the bush hog is pretty far back of the tractor, but that is obviously a cumbersome ballast arrangement. I am thinking of something like a carry-all that I could load up with weights when used for ballast or use for other purposes.

Search TBN for "Ballast". Some of the guys have clever and cheap solutions.

Equip_Inventory_2011_01.jpg

Counterweight_2 (2).JPG

A Carry-All is a good choice if that is your preference. Trouble is, it is forks out the front and forks out the back. Loooooong.

BX2Forks_03.JPG

You'll think of creative uses for the forks. Be sure to share.

TractorOilChange_02.JPG

I will post some pics once I do something interesting with the forks. And yes, I know that a carry-all would be somewhat cumbersome. Less than my bush hog, although a little more than my box scrape. I was thinking of the benefit of killing two birds with one stone, albeit a somewhat awkward stone.

/ 42" light duty forks or 48" heavier duty forks? #44  
Hello everyone , I decided to go with these from TITAN Attachments as they have a good price , free shipping , quality built , nice fit. I made a guard from scrap metal for about $10 ( paint , cutting wheels, welding rods ). The frame weighs 105# , the 42 in. forks weigh 90 # ea. and with the guard bolted on its just over 300# but is rated at 3000#.

Attachments

• 20150715_130149.jpg
    20150715_130149.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
  • 20150716_064035.jpg
    20150716_064035.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 127
  • 20150716_064056.jpg
    20150716_064056.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 127
  • titan_skid_steer_42inch_pallet_fork_and_trailer_hitch_attachment_01.jpg
    titan_skid_steer_42inch_pallet_fork_and_trailer_hitch_attachment_01.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 64
   / 42" light duty forks or 48" heavier duty forks? #45  
Very nice great idea In making the guard looks very professional. That's a nice looking rig you got there is that a cozy cab? And do u like it.

/ 42" light duty forks or 48" heavier duty forks? #46  
Thanks for your comments , that guard took me 6 hrs to build lol ..but I'm retired now and love to build things. Yes that's a cozy cab . After 40 years plowing snow and freezing in high winds, my wife suggested that I get one . Oh ya I love it.

/ 42" light duty forks or 48" heavier duty forks? #47  
Hello everyone , I decided to go with these from TITAN Attachments as they have a good price , free shipping , quality built , nice fit. I made a guard from scrap metal for about $10 ( paint , cutting wheels, welding rods ). The frame weighs 105# , the 42 in. forks weigh 90 # ea. and with the guard bolted on its just over 300# but is rated at 3000#.

Nice work! You clearly have an attention to detail.

From the OP: The forks came yesterday. I haven't had time to do anything with them, but I did get them on the tractor (pic below, I think--I had some trouble with the pic attachment). My initial observations: The forks are indeed long, so I'll have to be careful not to gouge holes in the shed, vehicles, etc. Yes, as suggested might be the case by a couple of posters, I can see the tips of the 48" forks from the tractor, just barely if I lean forward just a little bit. But, when the forks are lowered all the way to the ground, my view of the tips of the forks is blocked the last few inches by the forks frame. The SSQA fits very well with the male SSQA on my tractor--as well as, for example, my WR Long 4N1 bucket (I think I remember seeing a couple of complaints about Titan Distributing forks, which mine are, not fitting well with the SSQA). All in all, I am very pleased with the purchase (especially with the $25 discount and free deliver to our farm that was available and may still be from Titan to TBN members). View attachment 433822

/ 42" light duty forks or 48" heavier duty forks? #49  
Thanks for adding a picture and very interested to hear your experience over the next few weeks.

/ 42" light duty forks or 48" heavier duty forks? #50  
From the OP: The forks came yesterday. I haven't had time to do anything with them, but I did get them on the tractor (pic below, I think--I had some trouble with the pic attachment). My initial observations: The forks are indeed long, so I'll have to be careful not to gouge holes in the shed, vehicles, etc. Yes, as suggested might be the case by a couple of posters, I can see the tips of the 48" forks from the tractor, just barely if I lean forward just a little bit. But, when the forks are lowered all the way to the ground, my view of the tips of the forks is blocked the last few inches by the forks frame. The SSQA fits very well with the male SSQA on my tractor--as well as, for example, my WR Long 4N1 bucket (I think I remember seeing a couple of complaints about Titan Distributing forks, which mine are, not fitting well with the SSQA). All in all, I am very pleased with the purchase (especially with the $25 discount and free deliver to our farm that was available and may still be from Titan to TBN members). View attachment 433822

We sure appreciate your business, and are very confident that this Fork Attachment will serve you well for years to come. But, if you were to have any problem at all, please contact us! We will make it right! :thumbsup:

To your last statement, there actually is a few days left to take advantage of the TBN promo code. For those interested, the code is TBNTITAN and gets you $25 off of any purchase over $200 at Loader Forks | PalletForks.com | (800) 605-8241. And though we always offer free standard commercial delivery, as part of this promotion we will also cover the cost of upgraded home or farm freight delivery as well (a $75 value). Offer is good through July! So, a few more days left.

Thanks again rbtjr!