4300 rear end

/ 4300 rear end
I may just be pulling this thing apart again, ugh. I am going to lift the rear end and try to pinpoint if it's in the center or right case.

/ 4300 rear end
Well, it's taken a while with my schedule, but one tooth was broken off a spyder gear, part #YZ80998. Should be ordering it this week.

/ 4300 rear end #13  
We'd be interested to learn more about what happened during the time the end of Jan. that you were thinking of pulling it apart again, and how you found the broken tooth.
The detective work sounds like it was a success.

/ 4300 rear end
Well, I put the tractor rear end up on some jack stands for about 3 months while I was too busy for it. I took the RH rear drive off, ordered new bearings for it just because I had it off (if you buy them not thru Deere it's about $50 for all 3). I noticed a metal piece sitting in the bottom of the center section after the fluid was all drained. The piece "looked" like it would go to a spyder gear based on the size/shape.

The RH rear drive is sitting in the garage ready to be taken apart and reassembled. Fast forward to April...

I had my oldest son a couple weeks ago remove the top portion of the rear end so we could get closer for inspection of gears. After turning the drive shafts, sure enough, we found the broken spyder gear. It's the one that is on the RH side.

Parts are ordered, should be here today. If I have the time to get to it this weekend, that would be awesome, plus I'd be amazed! I would guesstimate I need 4-8 hours to finish it all up, since I still need to disassemble the locking diff, brakes, spyder gear assembly and the RH drive...then reassemble.

I really need my tractor back too! I have to clear some land for a barn asap.

/ 4300 rear end
Ok, RH axle reassembled, new bearings and seal. Center section just about disassembled to get to the spyder gear. Maybe this weekend!

/ 4300 rear end
It's alive! My neighbor came over Saturday night and worked with my son to get it done; about 16 man-hours later it's all set. Now to rack some hours up...

/ 4300 rear end #17  
butz
That is good to hear. Any pics of the process?

/ 4300 rear end
We took zero pics, sorry...I thought about it at one point, which was a fleeting moment!