4300 to 4310 How much should I pay?

/ 4300 to 4310 How much should I pay? #1  

GeorgeC

Silver Member
Both tractors are equipped the same.
72" MMM, HST/e-hydro and 430 FEL.
My 4300 has 380 hours and the 4310 is new.

The dealer wants 4K in trade.
Whatcha think?

Also, has anybody had experience with the 7 iron decks?

Thanks.

/ 4300 to 4310 How much should I pay? #2  
If you divide $4000.00 by 380 hours you get $10.53 an hour. Was it worth that much for the fun? That is how I always figure deals.

/ 4300 to 4310 How much should I pay?
Thank you for the reply, but it doesn't answer my question.

/ 4300 to 4310 How much should I pay? #4  
I have a 60" 7 Iron deck. At .177" thick it is a tough deck. Has a good cut also.

/ 4300 to 4310 How much should I pay? #5  
George,

I suppose each of us is entitled to his/her opinion; however, to me you are making a lateral move here. There is not enough difference between the 4300 and the 4310 to merit the four thousand dollars. 380 hours is not a lot for such a nice, well-built machine and so you would be changing mainly for the difference in performance, which to me after reviewing the stats, is negligible. Granted, periodically we all want something new/different, and that may be part of it. Looking at it as objectively as I can, I cannot see the benefit of this trade, even though it is not a bad deal. Also, the 7 iron decks, from all I hear are marvelous. The 72 inch size has been around a while in commercial applications and is durable and gives a smooth cut, as the deck is very stiff (no flexing) and has no rough edges to clump grass, so maximum vacuum is achieved. Hopefully, this helps.

John M.

/ 4300 to 4310 How much should I pay?
Here's the deal..
I have a good friend who moonlights as a salesman for a JD dealer. He is a commercial insurance salesman, but his family has owned a tractor and empliment dealership for years. They closed their doors about 10 years ago, so he sells on the side to the customer base he has built from the old tractor business.

OK, they (JD dealership) sold and delivered this unit to a customer who later came to the conclusion that he could not afford it and needed to back out..
Hence, the dealer has this unit which was taken off of floor plan sitting 35 miles from the dealership (my home) without an owner.

My buddy stopped by to try and put a deal together between three people to get this unit sold. He says he needs 4k from me to get this three way deal done and make everybody happy..

Yeah, aside from the ehydro stuff, it's the same machine, and my 4300 is in great shape.
Having said that, if the deal is a fair and decent one in the opinions of the members here, I'll bail him out and buy the 4310, but only if the value is correct.
I just don't know the JD resale numbers...
The positive side is that I will have a new warranty and will be starting fresh again, and I like the e-hydro..

Question, is the current commercial 72" deck made from 7 gauge steel?
Thanks again for your timely responses...

/ 4300 to 4310 How much should I pay? #7  
"I'll bail him out and buy the 4310"

If he's really your buddy...and not just a buddy when he sells tractors..well, you got to make your decision...if you've the $4K on hand.

However, you've got a machine that's only got a few hundred hours...and closer to pay off.

Well, that's your decision..personally, I'd keep the current machine and pay it off. It'll most likely last for years.

/ 4300 to 4310 How much should I pay? #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Having said that, if the deal is a fair and decent one in the opinions of the members here, I'll bail him out and buy the 4310, but only if the value is correct.)</font>

If you have to ask if the deal is a fair and decent one, how good "buddy" is this guy? If he was a real buddy, at least buddy enough to give $4K to, you wouldn't have to ask. My opinion is that friends and money should never mix. I also believe that nobody should have to "bail out" a dealer. It would be different if you went to him and asked about making a deal.

Just my $0.02

/ 4300 to 4310 How much should I pay? #9  
George,

Honestly, I do not think I would get the 4310. It simply is not worth the difference over what you already have. The more complex this situation seems, the less enthused I become about the trade. Granted, there seem to be factors at work here that make this a unique issue, but not unique enough to trade. With regard to the current 72" mower, I am not 100% sure, but I think it is 8 gauge steel. JD is touting loudly that this year the NEW 72" mower will be the 7-iron deck. It is basically modified from the decks on the 1400 and 1500 series front cuts. The promotion makes me feel as though the previous deck is not 7 gauge. My old brochure says 8-ga, but sometimes the literature is not correct.

John M.

/ 4300 to 4310 How much should I pay? #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Both tractors are equipped the same.
72" MMM, HST/e-hydro and 430 FEL.
My 4300 has 380 hours and the 4310 is new.
The dealer wants 4K in trade.
Whatcha think?
Also, has anybody had experience with the 7 iron decks?
Thanks. )</font>
I paid about $21.2k for the 4310 setup your looking at and if you're throwing in $4k cash that works out to you getting $17.2k trade in value on the 4300, which I think is pretty good. I say if you can live with the longer payoff and have the $4k cash go for it.