45-50hp Help

/ 45-50hp Help
Does the DK 4510 come with hst?

/ 45-50hp Help #32  
Does the DK 4510 come with hst?

No it doesn’t. Kioti has a DK4210SE that is hst. 39 pto hp. NS4710 HST with 45 pto hp. Then they have the NX4510HST with 33 pto hp. Dk series is wntey level. Then it steps up to the se, ns, nx, then rs if you’re wanting a bigger tractor then another level. Not sure what it is.
I have the dk4510. I’m pleased with it. We run kubotas at work. I like the kioti better than the botas. Kioti has a great dealer where I’m from. I’m not trying to sell ya a kioti but for the money you get a lot more for a lot less.

/ 45-50hp Help
No it doesn’t. Kioti has a DK4210SE that is hst. 39 pto hp. NS4710 HST with 45 pto hp. Then they have the NX4510HST with 33 pto hp. Dk series is wntey level. Then it steps up to the se, ns, nx, then rs if you’re wanting a bigger tractor then another level. Not sure what it is.
I have the dk4510. I’m pleased with it. We run kubotas at work. I like the kioti better than the botas. Kioti has a great dealer where I’m from. I’m not trying to sell ya a kioti but for the money you get a lot more for a lot less.
Thank you that’s good to know

/ 45-50hp Help #34  
Sorry, like I said, I don't want HST...the nearest equivalent to the DK4510 is the DK4710SE. The HST draws down PTO HP, so you want to go up, not down with the engine HP, even the 5310SE has less PTO HP than the 4510. The SE weighs about 150 pounds more. The 4510 and 4710SE have the same engine.

/ 45-50hp Help #36  
I manage 10 acres of woods, creek, ponds, hills, trees, and 1000 feet of a driveway with an L45. Mowing is done with a ZD326 since time is valuable and we keep yards, not fields. I can have the backhoe off in 5 minutes, 3 point linkage on in about 15. My main reason for going for a construction syle unit and not an ag unit was for strength and lifting capacity. I use the BH (backhoe) and thumb almost every time I am on it for a reason or another, you would be surprised at how handy it can be and the ability to self recover you really never have to worry about getting stuck. Having a grapple is great, but get yourself a set of pallet forks also, both are surprisingly handy especially if you're doing most things on your own.
Maintenance is done all here, it has only been back to the dealer once since 2013. I have found filters online but I like supporting local.
I always wanted a Massy but not sure about their quality anymore. We had a JD lawn tractor that costs twice as much to service as my bota mower. Of the above mentioned I would make the 45-minute drive or go with a Deere.

/ 45-50hp Help #37  
I have bota MX with a grapple. Great for maintaining woods.
The segment of tractors you are looking at, like the MX or deere 4000 series are the biggest anyone makes in hst. Next larger frames go to shuttle or reverser.

Paper specs and real world capability is competitive. I wouldn't say any one stands out over the rest.

They pretty much brings it down to ergonomics, price, and simply what is available locally

/ 45-50hp Help #38  
Valid points, both...
I looked in to RK tractors when the Youtube channel, Outdoor with the Morgans, was pushing them. Unfortunately, the channel dropped RK tractors (after raving about them for a year or so). They went with Kubota...so, lost any credibility with me. Just typical sales people...

I assume his deal with RK lasted a year and after that they took the tractors back.

That's how it works with motorcycle and car magazines. You get units to review for a certain time. Sometimes it's a long term review, sometimes it's not. Some magazines buy some long term cars, I think Car and Driver does and of course Consumer Reports. But usually it's a loaner from the manufacturers' media pool. That doesn't mean that the review will be biased or that the reviewers are mere salesmen.

And of course it's possible that both RK and Kubota make decent tractors.

/ 45-50hp Help #39  
About 5 hours. Closest kubota dealer is 45-minutes. wondering if kubota l4701 or mx5200 is worth the extra drive over kioti 5010, new Holland workmaster or boomer in 45-50 hp (kioti/NH dealer 5 minutes away)
In the west where I live, a 45 minute drive is just next door. LOL. The new tractor I’m buying is from a dealer 5.5 hour drive away.

/ 45-50hp Help #40  
Looking at 45-50 hp tractor to manage 10 acres of mixed wooded/mowing property. Primarily interested in Loader and grapple work. Only dealers close are Kioti, New Holland, JD, and a Massey rep. Like Kubota but nearest rep is 45-minute drive. Not looking for top of line models, but one with hst. Thoughts?
My neighbor to the east has a JD 4052 that he calls his Lamborghini tractor.