45-50hp Help

/ 45-50hp Help #81  
I have a Kioti 4710se and have been pleased. I shopped it against JD and Kubota. The Kioti was much smoother than the Kubota. The hydro whine on the Kubota was a deal killer. The price was a bit lower and the warranty was longer as well.

/ 45-50hp Help #82  
About 5 hours. Closest kubota dealer is 45-minutes. wondering if kubota l4701 or mx5200 is worth the extra drive over kioti 5010, new Holland workmaster or boomer in 45-50 hp (kioti/NH dealer 5 minutes away)
I have owned a Kubota MX 5800 for the past couple of years. I upgraded from a 2003 MX5000 that had a manual transmission that was not synchronized through the full range of gears. When I was younger, the manual didn't bother me, but now that I am older, I really appreciate the HST. The MX5800, has been trouble free so far. I was initially concerned about the regen process. I usually recognize the smell before I see the light on the dash blinking (mostly because my dash is covered with dust). Once I became more familiar with it, I just cranked up the RPM's if I was doing something that didn't require running at the RPM's necessary for the regen. Like some others have mentioned, I am not a huge fan of the Kubota treadle pedal. I tend to get cramps in my leg when I use my heel for reverse. Now I just stick my foot under the front part of the pedal and lift up when I want to reverse. This is better, but I think I would prefer a two pedal setup. My only other complaint is when I have to clean the screen in front of the radiator. The old MX5000 allowed you to remove the screen from the top. On the MX5800 you have to pull it out from the side. The loader arms interfere with pulling the screen out all of the way. I have to raise the loader in order to pull the screen completely. I don't like working under a raised loader unless it is supported by something. My lazy way of cleaning the screen is just to leave the loader down. I can pull the screen out half way on each side and do a fair job of removing all of the debris it collects (mostly grass from pasture mowing). This is a minor annoyance, but also a frequent one, maybe they have changed the setup since mine is a 2018 I believe. The tractor has plenty of power and is much better at handling the Woods BB720 cutter that I purchased with the original tractor. I also have 6ft medium duty Land Pride Grader\scraper that I use to maintain a gravel\dirt road that is about a mile long. Besides mowing pastures and road maintenance, the tractor just does general farm\utility stuff (small scale firewood harvesting, keeping brush from encroaching on farm fields, moving manure piles etc.).

I am in extreme Southern Maryland. Still a long way from you to use my dealer as a servicing dealer, but my dealer is about 45 minutes from me too. I have always had good service from them for the few issues I have had. We also have a B2650 and an 2004 RTV 900 (purchased from the same dealer). I used to do most of equipment maintenance myself. I still do some, but lately I have been having them pick up the equipment and do some of the scheduled maintenance if I don't feel like doing it. That has worked out well too.

There are lots of great tractors out there. Regardless of whether you choose Kubota, JD, Mahindra, Kioti, MF etc., in my opinion, the dealer who stands behind the product may be just as important as the brand. There are things that my dealer suggested in 2003 when I bought the first tractor that I should have listened to. I'm a better listener these days. I wish you good luck finding the best tractor and the best dealer for your needs.

/ 45-50hp Help #83  
De nada. I have a giant spreadsheet of specs on about 45 35-60 HP machines from 9 manufacturers in various weight classes. I've got almost 20 acres of mostly pines to manage. I want the SS transmission, but these all have both as options. The hard part right now is finding one on the lot to test drive.
I would love it if you would share that spreadsheet...It can be so hard to compare machines without it

/ 45-50hp Help #84  
I'll try to figure out how to do that...probably Sunday. Heading out to my property in the morning and hopefully going to test drive a few tractors if they have some in stock.

/ 45-50hp Help
I would love it if you would share that spreadsheet...It can be so hard to compare machines without it
Kioti has a useful “compre models” function but, as far as I know, you can only compare kioti models, not kioti to another manufacturer...I usually do that with Tractordata

/ 45-50hp Help #86  
Here is one I did earlier this year. It originally had more tractors but I dropped out the ones that didn't make the cut.

1638628709708.png

/ 45-50hp Help #87  
Good luck with your choice, keep an open mind and don't let color have any bearing on your decision.

/ 45-50hp Help #89  
Came down to Kioti or New Holland for me. Ended up going NH because of the features and financing (0% for 72, 1.9 for 84). The fact that NH dealers are well equipped to handle issues also helps.