4510 Mahindra Lost Glow Plugs

/ 4510 Mahindra Lost Glow Plugs #1  

r8f1k

Silver Member
Tractor
Farmall 100, Allis Chalmers D14, International Super MTA, IH 560, Mahindra 4510, Gehl 4500, Clark CY45, JD 800, JD 60
I used my tractor last Saturday to run a compressor off the PTO for 8 hours. The compressor was for running pneumatic pruners. Sunday morning, wouldn't start. Started off of ether, so I have narrowed it down to glow plugs not working. I metered the the plugs, no voltage. The 4 pin relay up front clicks, but nothing. Swapped in a new 4 pin relay, no change. I'm betting either the timer or the 6 pin relay in the dash. There is a timer (No. 15475-6024-2) and a six pin relay (No. 1662-669-210-0), photos below. Is the first photo a relay for the glow plugs or something else? Also, are all 6 pin glow plug relays more or less the same? I found a the same one for about $75, but there is a John Deere unit for around $35. Thoughts?
IMG_8593.jpeg
IMG_8592.jpeg

/ 4510 Mahindra Lost Glow Plugs #2  
From what i remember mahindras was bad about getting a crappy corroded connection on the glow plugs. May want to take all the connections loose and clean them.

/ 4510 Mahindra Lost Glow Plugs #3  
If the 4 pin relay "clicks", the timer is activating it. Did you meter the circuit the 4 pin controls? On my 4110 there is a fusible link for the power to the glow plugs and it is located nearby the 4 pin relay.

/ 4510 Mahindra Lost Glow Plugs
I will check the fusible link, thank you!

Anyone know where the link is? I would rather not cut the entire loom and harness apart to find it. Does anybody have a wiring diagram?

Or at least, what color wire is the fusible link?

/ 4510 Mahindra Lost Glow Plugs #7  
I have a parts and maintenance manual for the 4510, would that show anything? I will not be to that location unfortunately for about a week.

That should work

/ 4510 Mahindra Lost Glow Plugs #9  
I have the manual at home now and it shows wiring diagrams etc. My wife tomorrow thinks she can copy it and forward it to this site. If there is something specific you need I can try to focus on that.
It gives trouble shooting repair ideas on the glow plug functions also. Let me know.

Just about any wiring diagram with the engine in it would be ideal