/ 4707 #491  
Curious if you’ve used the 3pt and if they got it working correctly?
I used it today to tow a trailer around the farm. The answer is...I don't know if it is working correctly, but it isn't working the way "I think" it should be working.

Here's why: when you back up to a trailer and raise the 3pt hitch to hook up, the hitch still raises even when you've stopped moving the control tab in the cab. Likewise, while you're on the move towing the trailer and you have to raise or lower the hitch for whatever reason, you might move the control tab just a little bit...but the hitch keeps going (either raising or lowering, depending on which direction you are sliding the tab).

It's getting a little frustrating. The dealer says they've sold a crapload of 4700 tractors and no one else is having this problem. I'm not touching the draft control knob, either, so that's not the issue. I've never had an electric over hydraulic 3pt hitch system before. Is this lack of absolute direct control over the 3pt hitch simply part of the deal with electric/hydraulic?

As far as I'm concerned, it's also a safety issue. You don't want anyone near the 3pt hitch while either raising or lowering it because once you slide the control tab, it's going to do whatever it wants to do and you're not really in control over it.

/ 4707 #492  
I'm not familiar with your Massey, but every electrical/electronic controlled 3 point I've used had a few adjustments.
Such as speed/response, sensitivity and a draft control, often one button settings to raise to a set point and drop to a setpoint.
Also if running at a low idle the response will be slower then at mid throttle or higher.
It may take considerable fiddling with the adjustments to get your desired results.

/ 4707 #493  
I used it today to tow a trailer around the farm. The answer is...I don't know if it is working correctly, but it isn't working the way "I think" it should be working.

Here's why: when you back up to a trailer and raise the 3pt hitch to hook up, the hitch still raises even when you've stopped moving the control tab in the cab. Likewise, while you're on the move towing the trailer and you have to raise or lower the hitch for whatever reason, you might move the control tab just a little bit...but the hitch keeps going (either raising or lowering, depending on which direction you are sliding the tab).

It's getting a little frustrating. The dealer says they've sold a crapload of 4700 tractors and no one else is having this problem. I'm not touching the draft control knob, either, so that's not the issue. I've never had an electric over hydraulic 3pt hitch system before. Is this lack of absolute direct control over the 3pt hitch simply part of the deal with electric/hydraulic?

As far as I'm concerned, it's also a safety issue. You don't want anyone near the 3pt hitch while either raising or lowering it because once you slide the control tab, it's going to do whatever it wants to do and you're not really in control over it.
I’m quite convinced you’re operating it correctly and it’s got a fault in the system. With my 5M Deere witch is my first tractor with electronic over hydraulic 3pt controls it is a very precise correlation between the finger control and the distance the 3pt arms move. I would say possibly more precise than a good cable operated system. Did the servicing dealer tell you what they did to try and fix it? On mine it appears there are 3 main components; the finger tip control in the cab , the electric position sensor mounted to the back of the rock shaft and a electric operated hydraulic valve that supplies oil to both lift cylinders. All three are wired together, that’s there communication, I would bet yours is very similar. Some how your electro hydraulic valve is not getting the signal to properly control flow to and from the lift cylinders. Not being able to control the 3pt as far as I’m concerned is a major problem. I’d be on the dealer to fix it especially before your warranty expires.

/ 4707 #494  

Here's why: when you back up to a trailer and raise the 3pt hitch to hook up, the hitch still raises even when you've stopped moving the control tab in the cab.
It should go to the desired height (be it 4 or 7), but it won't necessarily be instant, it may take a couple seconds to get there.

It will also lower extremely slow without an implement hooked up as 3 points don't lower hydraulically, it strictly uses the weight of the implement, or in the case of nothing hooked up, the weight of the 3 point itself.

/ 4707 #495  
Anyone happen to know what the following fault code is:

d 3

Guessing it has something to do with the fuel gauge which is reading zero when it’s half full.

/ 4707 #496  
Anyone happen to know what the following fault code is:

d 3

Guessing it has something to do with the fuel gauge which is reading zero when it’s half full.
Man I just logged on to ask the same question. The fuel Guage was at about 3/4 and it pegs empty and slowly comes back up while in neutral and pegs spuradically when driving. I got the same code sometimes and an audible alarm. Sometimes I only get the pegged needle with the red empty light and no audible alarm or fault code. Mine is a 2022 4707 with about 5 hours on it.

/ 4707 #497  
Fault code disappeared before I could take a pic of it.
Screenshot_20220327-210419_Gallery.jpg

/ 4707 #499  
Still waiting for mine to be picked up for repair.

/ 4707 #500  
Still waiting for mine to be picked up for repair.
Mine too. Are your cab doors really hard to latch from the inside the tractor? Mine are but it is my first cab tractor so I thought it was normal until last night......I was shutting it and the bar pulled through the bottom if the door.

Attachments

• 20220328_202635.jpg
    20220328_202635.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 115