/ 4707 #331  
thanks guys. Could have been worse though being incontinent is as you might imagine a serious drag for a 70 year old guy who always kept himself "clean".
Life changes and you have to adapt. Strokes do funny things but thankfully my thinking and sense of humor are untouched

as for the 4707, it was a serious tractor for me, admittedly too big but it had all the features I wanted, super comfortable and quiet. With the previous Kubota L5740 the neighboring farmers would ignore it as a toy tractor to their greens and blues. But when I drove the Massey on the roadside, happily mowing the community area in quiet comfort., they would slow down to look. The tractor had presence, it was a real farm tractor. Most of us in our group don't need a full frame mid size utility, but gosh it was fun to drive. And all for under 50 grand. I always wanted a "good one" and felt I got just what I wanted. The tractor was highly satisfying and too big or not I drove it with a smile. That's part of life :thumbsup:

I will continue to work hard to make new opportunities where I go. And I will always slow down to look at a shiny red Massey in the fields.
Life's very good memories.

/ 4707 #333  
Hang in there Daugen, we are all rooting for you! Gonna miss your potato harvest and garden crops. Hope someone steps up and fills your shoes.

/ 4707 #334  
all good things come to an end. I had listed my 4707 for 44K, 78 hours, like brand new, which dealer told me was fair price. Local landscaper of course wanted "a deal" and dickered me down(remembering I'm still in a hospital bed) to $42 grand. I paid about 50K, so good deal for buyer, decent deal for me. Great joy in ownership of this tractor, more bang for the name brand buck than I could find elsewhere.

/ 4707 #335  
Any more updates on the 4707? Are they standing up over time?

Someday when finances allow, I'd like to get a 60-70hp machine and I've been wondering about either a 1760M or a 4707.

I have both a 1754 and a 4707. For getting heavy work done, there is no comparison as mass realy matters. The only downside I致e experienced with the 4707 is it burns considerably more fuel than the 1754. Glad I have both as the 1754 allows me to travel on trails and get in corners I壇 never take the 4707. I put a severe duty grapple on the 4707 and it is a beast (we are constantly dealing with down trees). I probably won稚 do much bushhogging with the 4707....too wide and too thirsty compared to my other tractors.

/ 4707 #336  
Hey guys, I did a upgrade I wanted to share. When mowing I had to turn up the music too loud to hear the words. It was just muddy sounding. I took out a speaker and looked it up on the net they cost $4 ea so no wonder. I spent a bunch of time measuring and researching.

I came up with JVC CS-DR421 from here. They fit perfectly and come with new grills. You can not get more bass from 4.5 inch speakers but having a quality two way speaker with a separate real tweeter made a difference. I can hear the music clearly at a lower level.

This was easy plug and play. The factory speakerS wire fit on the new ones perfectly. The grill screws fit on the tractors tabs. Hardest thing was getting the old grill off. You take a awl or tiny screwdriver and stick it in the perforations on the edge of the grill and pull it out 1/8 inch the move 90 degrees and do the same working around the grill until it pulls out.

I took comparison photos so you can see how close to the same size it is. For $39 bucks this was worth it to me. I did find a powered sub that would fit in the manual pocket but I good for now.

68279E87-E261-43AB-A41E-A3FDEA2852F8.jpeg25627509-3294-4137-8045-0AD8E556A7D2.jpeg41690042-26A5-4448-B672-E7024DB66F8A.jpegF6B1CB8D-9EB5-4D9A-8F31-7C9C6758E901.jpeg89D4DBCA-41CA-4E12-B2AD-375577A3025A.jpeg

/ 4707 #337  
Hey guys, I did a upgrade I wanted to share. When mowing I had to turn up the music too loud to hear the words. It was just muddy sounding. I took out a speaker and looked it up on the net they cost $4 ea so no wonder. I spent a bunch of time measuring and researching.

I came up with JVC CS-DR421 from here. They fit perfectly and come with new grills. You can not get more bass from 4.5 inch speakers but having a quality two way speaker with a separate real tweeter made a difference. I can hear the music clearly at a lower level.

This was easy plug and play. The factory speakerS wire fit on the new ones perfectly. The grill screws fit on the tractors tabs. Hardest thing was getting the old grill off. You take a awl or tiny screwdriver and stick it in the perforations on the edge of the grill and pull it out 1/8 inch the move 90 degrees and do the same working around the grill until it pulls out.

I took comparison photos so you can see how close to the same size it is. For $39 bucks this was worth it to me. I did find a powered sub that would fit in the manual pocket but I good for now.

View attachment 662526View attachment 662527View attachment 662524View attachment 662525View attachment 662523

Wow, this is great. I was thinking the other day it seemed like the music wasn’t so stellar. Thank you for posting on this!

How has your tractor been? Mine has been good minus some squeaks/rattles in frame and on seat. I need to now get it checked out before warranty. Just sounds like maybe came a little loose. Then some sort of knocking sound sometimes after using brake like in the transfer case somewhere bc it uses the 4wheel drive for braking. 200 hrs though and that’s it. Love it otherwise but tempted after warranty period to get a little more hp from the computer. Idk if I’d actually do it. Sometimes going up some steeper hills with mower it will bog down a little more than I’d like.

/ 4707 #338  
I agree with Wacky. However, I do use my 4707 and 78 in grapple a fair bit. The key is going slow and tackling projects head on and not at an angle. Chances are that you sprung your loader by lifting heavily on one side. When running my grapple, I run in low range and take my time. Never had an issue. On a different note, we lost power for 30 hours and the 4707 did a great job powering the 15kw generator, keeping us at 100% power View attachment 658706

That’s awesome with the generator! Did you have a special ground or anything or just use the ‘house ground’? What size cable did you run from it & through what amp breaker? I have something set up for my pto generator from harbor freight but haven’t actually tested it out..I thought it was 16k but turns out max isn’t that much running through the 220, maybe 10 or 12k (can’t remember)- which is a little frustrating but not end of world. Supposedly people still use it to run majority of house if you don’t run everything at once.

/ 4707 #339  
My 4707 is being picked up by original dealer and taken back to be resold; 78 hours, loaded with camera, grapple, glass roof, buddy seat, 34 radials on rear
Massey dealer in Williamston NC. very good deal for someone
strokes and cancer taken me out of future use

I’m so sorry to hear! How are you doing?

/ 4707 #340  
I’m so sorry to hear! How are you doing?

I replled by PM but I'm doing remarkably well. Was selling farm anyway due to seriously bad back and then I got sick on top of that.
Saw back surgeon today, they will put another titanium rod in my in January like the one already in my neck.

If I still had my 4707, I would absolutely up the hp after warranty, particularly if it brought more torque on earlier. That diesel is fairly gutless under 1300 rpm, and I usually kept it under 2100 rpm. 2300 rpm fairly slow diesel which makes me think getting another 30hp out of it isn't likely to break anything.
When you are pulling a big disc in wet ground, and those big radials on the rear are digging in for all they are worth, tugging that
heavy disc, every bit of my 70hp was in play, even if I was only running at say 60hp at the time. I'd like to go back and hit that field in similar conditions with another
30 hp, but perhaps more importantly, another 100-200 pound feet of torque.