4ft or 5ft Land Plane for Kubota BX

/ 4ft or 5ft Land Plane for Kubota BX #1  

Idahomestead

Tractor
Husqvarna TS354XD
I am in the market for a land plane for about 300 feet of gravel driveway maintenance. My dealer has a medium duty GS1548 or a light duty GS0560 in stock. I have a BX23S. Any suggestions?

/ 4ft or 5ft Land Plane for Kubota BX #2  
I built a 48" wide land plane for my x749 mower. It knows it is back there but it works fairly well.
My neighbor has a bx 23 hp if He has time we will hook on to it with his tractor and give it a try.I will get some pics for you.

/ 4ft or 5ft Land Plane for Kubota BX #3  
I am in the market for a land plane for about 300 feet of gravel driveway maintenance. My dealer has a medium duty GS1548 or a light duty GS0560 in stock. I have a BX23S. Any suggestions?
From my experience, Land Planes do not require a lot of HP. I have pulled my 60-inch with my sig tractor, and unloaded rear tires with no problem. Since then I have added about 500 lbs of liquid ballast to the rear tires and now. Awesome night and day difference! Go big or go home. Oh, yea, they banned me for posting my opinion, sig may not show.

/ 4ft or 5ft Land Plane for Kubota BX #4  
Do you have a Mower or tractor? If Mower, disregard my reply. Oh I see, it's a Sub Compact My Bad.:)

/ 4ft or 5ft Land Plane for Kubota BX #5  
If you are just slightly scarifying and distributing the material, the 5' land plan will work fine.

On my gravel driveway I just use my box blade as that works fine for my liking.

/ 4ft or 5ft Land Plane for Kubota BX #6  
I have a seven foot Land Pride LPGS. It has scarifiers and weighs 800 pounds. Use in on the potholes, washouts and the one mud hole on my mile long gravel driveway. Even with the scarifiers - full down - I don't even notice that it's back there on the 3-point.
You will have plenty of power to pull either unit. It's shiny - I just washed all the dirt off.
IMG_0210.jpeg

/ 4ft or 5ft Land Plane for Kubota BX #7  
I have a BX 2680 with a 48" land plane. My advice is getting the 48". When I start digging down deeper to get the potholes out, I can feel the tractor struggle. I have the GS0548 and its plenty HD enough.

20230409_160331.jpg

Last edited:
   / 4ft or 5ft Land Plane for Kubota BX #8  
I agree with dj1701 (post #7)
I have a BX23s, go with the GS1548

You`ll want your rear tires loaded as well.

/ 4ft or 5ft Land Plane for Kubota BX #9  
It depends on how your driveway base holds up with freeze/thaw and rain and snow.

I see you are in snow country, so I would recommend a 4 foot width for the bx.
My tractor is at 24 hp and I pull a 5 footer and it does fine, but I do not have pot hole problems and the base on my drive is solid year round. So I am just redistributing the gravel.

/ 4ft or 5ft Land Plane for Kubota BX #10  
Just opinion = I have never been satisfied buying any implement rated "light duty".
I've sold off quite a few "errors in judgement".