4R Cab Rear Wiper Upgrade

/ 4R Cab Rear Wiper Upgrade #1  

John in the UP

Bronze Member
Tractor
2021 John Deere 4066R Snow Cab
Anyone out there done this upgrade to the rear wiper of your 4R Cab tractor?
Check out this video (about 5 min's), outlines the installation of kit p/n BXX10345.

Rear Wiper Upgrade

I would be interested in hearing your experiences, as I'm waiting for delivery of a new 4066R - When I demo'd it a few weeks back it has the same issue as the video shows.

/ 4R Cab Rear Wiper Upgrade #2  
I never had an issue so far with my 4720 as I don't use the wiper (yes I know its not a 4066) but I'll tell you the first time I fired up my inverted Normand blower I was afraid the flying ice was going to take out the back window. I immediately bought the slow moving triangle frame and a piece of Lexan. A little time with the table saw, bench sander and a drill and I had a layer of protection that stopped all of my concerns on the spot.

/ 4R Cab Rear Wiper Upgrade #3  
BCD
Pic of that mod would be great....

Last edited:
   / 4R Cab Rear Wiper Upgrade #4  
I'd think that replacing the wiper blade with better blade suspension would be a lot cheaper. What I did with my Kubota rear wiper. Bought a high buck Bosch Icon that actually conforms to the curved glass. Problem solved for 35 bucks. Did the front one as well.

That OEM wiper has stone age suspension.

/ 4R Cab Rear Wiper Upgrade
I'd think that replacing the wiper blade with better blade suspension would be a lot cheaper. What I did with my Kubota rear wiper. Bought a high buck Bosch Icon that actually conforms to the curved glass. Problem solved for 35 bucks. Did the front one as well.

That OEM wiper has stone age suspension.
I was thinking of trying something like that first, that is an expensive kit...

/ 4R Cab Rear Wiper Upgrade #6  
Had that issue with my Kubota and the high end Bosch Icon blade cured it. My OEM blade was like yours, stone age suspension.

Nit a plug for Bosch but I have them on everything now. Very good, long lasting blades. Not cheap however.

/ 4R Cab Rear Wiper Upgrade #7  
60CD249E-9699-4607-9EE5-081062EC3A6E.jpeg

Best one I could quickly find. You can see it cut around the fenders with about 1” of clearance. Low enough to stay out of my line of sight if I’m looking out the rear window. Huge peace of mind. I’m betting that curved glass ain’t cheap.
The piece of aluminum angle is a stiffener.
The whole thing works great and comes right off for off season storage.

/ 4R Cab Rear Wiper Upgrade #8  
Boy an I glad I don't need a snowblower. Have a Lucknow that I never use.

I might add, get the Bosch ICON blade. not cheap but conforms to the curve no issue. Heck of a lot cheaper than the wiper kit, I'd say.

/ 4R Cab Rear Wiper Upgrade #9  
Boy an I glad I don't need a snowblower. Have a Lucknow that I never use.

I might add, get the Bosch ICON blade. not cheap but conforms to the curve no issue. Heck of a lot cheaper than the wiper kit, I'd say.
I also run Bosch Icon blades on my UTV/cars/trucks/tractors.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 464
  • IMG_0345.jpg
    IMG_0345.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1285.jpg
    IMG_1285.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 224
  • Ford Truck 349.jpg
    Ford Truck 349.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1432.jpg
    IMG_1432.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 184
  • tempImageNqS4nc.jpg
    tempImageNqS4nc.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 476
  • tempImageOXFIMT.jpg
    tempImageOXFIMT.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,007

/ 4R Cab Rear Wiper Upgrade #10  
When I bought my 4052R, it didn't have a rear wiper. I had the dealer install one since I have a 3PH snow blower. Pretty nice, actually. My only complaint is it doesn't have a park function.
One thing I do wish Deere wipers had is an intermittent function