4x20 air filter alert

/ 4x20 air filter alert #1  

Cidertom

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4520, 2305 Aktive snow-trac ST4
Manual says (paraphrase) don't touch the air filter until the fault alert happens. I went on and changed it (Primary) without the fault. To say the existing filter was loaded is an understatement. I checked the restriction alarm and it worked. I'm thinking I should have changed it last year by the amount of /caked/ dirt on the filter. Just a heads up.

CT

/ 4x20 air filter alert #2  
I had the same experience. Secondary filter looked good along with the piping leading to the turbo. I took time to remove the air box and initial intake duct and clean them up well, firm up all clamps in the system and replaced both filters while I was at it. I've been forewarned by a couple diesel mechanics that maintaining the air filtration system is more important than even the lubrication/oil.

/ 4x20 air filter alert #3  
SOP for me on my Kubota's is cleaning the primary intake filter every day when farming and changing the secondary yearly. Fuel is expensive.

/ 4x20 air filter alert #5  
Interesting. Kubota uses a Donaldson type filter on the large frame tractors that's washable instead of dry.

/ 4x20 air filter alert
All good points. I usually follow the manual, which in this case has a 'black box warning' :"Service filter elements only when red signal is in view in the instrument panel".

On my old 4300 it was a gauge I could see, and serviced when it started to creep up.

Most of this post was to alert others who did as I did and follow the manual. I'm going to change this to end of season at the latest. I do dump the dust unloader frequently.