5 yrs - nearly complete

/ 5 yrs - nearly complete #1  

mikim

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC45
Wife and I bought this place 6 yrs ago and we started working in earnest around a year later. ....making progress....1) needed to clean up and clear to see.....2) like this ...spotted house site ....3) there it is.

Attachments

• front_yard_original.JPG
    front_yard_original.JPG
    474.3 KB · Views: 409
  • front_yard_start.jpg
    front_yard_start.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 367
  • front_yard.JPG
    front_yard.JPG
    425.7 KB · Views: 449
   / 5 yrs - nearly complete
New entrance in progress. Planned something more -- as a hoped for TBN project but had to scale back due to unexpected budget hit.

Attachments

• front_gate.JPG
    front_gate.JPG
    392.8 KB · Views: 385
Using a "mule" opener so if anyone wants to start a pool on how long it will last - put me in for 14 months. I figure it should last the warranty period + just a little. ----Jinman --- I remember you putting a shock absorber on Kathy's old gate. I set this one up a bit different. I'm using the adjustable mounting slots as a slide. I added some teflon washers and grease. As the gate starts to move it gradually hits the end of the slots but the motor is up to speed by that time. I used nylok nuts and just "snugged" 'em. We'll see if I can maintain the correct snug for it to continue working as it is now.

Attachments

• opener_mount.JPG
    opener_mount.JPG
    226.7 KB · Views: 294
   / 5 yrs - nearly complete #4  
Nice place. Well done. :thumbsup: After all the hard work, You and your Wife have created a Home and site that is indeed beautiful.

thanks creekbend ...still in progress. at the gate there are still plants to be put in and I haven't buried the exit wand yet to open the gate as we leave. At the house we have several things on the list. Rain water collection (10k gal) green house and raised bed garden, chicken tractor, goat fencing, animal stall in the leanto (concrete floor) ...never ends.:thumbsup::laughing::confused2:

/ 5 yrs - nearly complete #6  
Looking good Mike. You have done quite a bit in 5 years. I was sprinkling with the rain water the last two days and ran out today. I thought the cold front today would fill it back up but just got wind. With 10K gallons yours will be about 19 times more water than I store, that means you could water your yard for about 30-40 days!

Don - I'm not so worried about watering the yard as I am about having a backup to the well. If I lose the well ....I'm SOL unless I have an alternate source.

/ 5 yrs - nearly complete #8  
Ain't it amazin' how the more you have, the more you have to do? I used to come and mow a bit and fish for half a day. Now, I have to force myself to do that. There's always something needing to be fixed. Wouldn't change it for the world either.:D

Mike, your place looks spectacular. You and Don have done amazing work at going from nuthin' to a very nice somethin'.:thumbsup:

. . . so when do you start the tank/pond?:)

pond is on the list ....but awaiting funding. We have a place near the creek for about a 3 acre pond...I'd guess...need consulting with whomever I hire to do it. I'd say it's 2 years away. It all has to be complete in the next 5 yrs. That's when Bernice retires and my slush fund dries up.:(:laughing: