50 Hour Service Cost

/ 50 Hour Service Cost #11  
50 hrs is engine fluid/filter and drive train fluid/filter plus any chassis lube if required. If you do it yourself, might squeak by on a hundred bucks. If the dealer does it, he has to make a living and maybe eek out a tad of profit in the process.

/ 50 Hour Service Cost
Don't think you can buy 10 gallons of hydro for $100 let alone filters and engine oil?

/ 50 Hour Service Cost #13  
Kubota synthetic UDT, $115/5 gallon @ local dealer last week. Kubota hyd filters are also expensive.Using the MX as an example, DIY 50 hr service, exceeds $400.

EDIT: Eric
Difficult to fathom a hydro not benefiting from UDT, syn.

Last edited:
   / 50 Hour Service Cost #14  
TSC Premium is $40/5 gal. It may be suitable but I did not want to take the chance. I asked my dealer about SUDT and they said not to use it. If you're in an area with more ag equipment you may be able to find the specified Chevron THF1000 and it should be around $50/5 gal.

/ 50 Hour Service Cost #15  
I replace whining TSC fluid in my 2800h. Branson HQ in GA said good to go. Now smooth as silk.

/ 50 Hour Service Cost #17  
Sorry.....I meant to say I replaced the TSC with SUDT2.

/ 50 Hour Service Cost #18  
My dealer locally (50 miles from here) charges $125/hr with a 2 hour minimum...I've done the changes myself.

/ 50 Hour Service Cost #19  
I do all my filters and fluids as soon as winter is over and the land starts to green up regardless of hours. I buy my filters from Amazon. I used to get them at Napa, but Amazon is a lot cheaper then Napa, and Napa was cheaper then the dealer. Sometimes you can even find one cheaper on Ebay, but that's hit or miss. Just look at the number on the factory filter, and it's the same number for Wix filters anywhere else. I buy my fluids and grease at Atwoods, which is kind of like Tractor Supply, but bigger and cheaper.

Sorry I don't know what the cost is, I tend to buy all my filters at the same time for all my tractors, and do the same with fluids in bulk.

/ 50 Hour Service Cost #20  
Eddie,

Messick's posted a U Tube video recently in which they disected Kubota, NAPA, Wix, filters, Wow, there was a significant difference, no trick photography!!!

In gear tractors, most PREMIUM HYD fluid is acceptable. In a hydro, I stay w/ mfg name brand, My MX hyd oil Service was almost $300 just for hyd SUDT. Excluding filters.

I use diesel synthetic crankcase oil as well but not kubota brand, yet ALL FILTERS are kubota.