Oil & Fuel 50 hour service

/ 50 hour service #1  

Stopher

Tractor
Kubota M6040 HD
I just did the 50 hour service on my Kubota M6040 and also helped do a service on my step dads M7040. We finished mine up and got on his shortly after. We realized when we changed his that both hydraulic filters that came off of his had magnets around the inside of them so we put the same magnets back in the new filters on his but didn't do so on mine. The new filters did not come with magnets for either tractor and mine had magnets from the factory too. I realize this is to catch the metal shavings that are in the oil but was wondering if i need to take mine back off and put them in or if this was just something put in there just for the "break in?" Thanks guys!!

/ 50 hour service #2  
If it were mine the magnets would go back in. You will lose some fluid but I'd rather have them in there.

/ 50 hour service #3  
If it were mine the magnets would go back in. You will lose some fluid but I'd rather have them in there.

Same here, our filters came with the magnets, we made sure to check before we started.

/ 50 hour service #4  
I cleaned the magnets that came off the original filters and stuck them back on my replacements before installing. I would put them back in. At 50 hours mine were pretty fuzzy. Try to find a slope and park your tractor with a lean to the opposite side as your filters so all of the fluid will run to the other side. You probably won't loose any fluid if you do that.

/ 50 hour service
Thanks everyone. Gonna do that.

/ 50 hour service #6  
May want to have some trans. fluid on standby. I parked mine on a slope and still lost about 2 1/2 qts. :)

/ 50 hour service #7  
put the magnets back on the filters an do not loose them.because if you do they cost $20 or more to replace.

/ 50 hour service #8  
My HST filter came with a new magnet but I saved the old one as well. If I ever get a filter without the magnet I can use the spare one.