50 HP Cab Considerations

/ 50 HP Cab Considerations #21  
   / 50 HP Cab Considerations
What that dealer didn't tell you is that the engine in the Mahindra is made in India and many of their tractors are made in India as well.

That is really funny! The truth of it is that these days you can get good quality from anywhere, and you can get bad quality from anywhere. Using the nationality of a product as a basis for brand bashing is a fairly outdated prejudice. Not too long ago I purchased a Triumph motorcycle that is now made in Thailand. It's quality would compare favorably with any bike made.

/ 50 HP Cab Considerations #23  
That is really funny! The truth of it is that these days you can get good quality from anywhere, and you can get bad quality from anywhere. Using the nationality of a product as a basis for brand bashing is a fairly outdated prejudice. Not too long ago I purchased a Triumph motorcycle that is now made in Thailand. It's quality would compare favorably with any bike made.

WIth some cases your right and with others I notice a big difference in quality. I have yet to see anything made in india compare over the long haul. My limited experience with some products is just like with some Chinese stuff. Some good some acceptable but still not quality. Yes our so called global market is somewhat changing things a little quicker than us old folks can keep up with but some things are just the same as before with a sugar coating and an extra layer of wax to make you feel better about it. Be carefull of which your buying.

My last look at the Mahindra lot had me looking away from the machines built in India. As I said before I cant tell if it was dealer prep of country of origin but it seemd every one I looked at had a small thing wrong with it that would need attention before it left the dealer and I cant see this as a good way to sell a tractor. Problem is that I found nothing needing attention on anything built in Japan or Korea.

Enjoy your triumph! I have a 1700cc Thunderbird myself and it has been a great bike so far. I will how ever have to wait for 30 years and 137,000 miles before I can confirm weather or not it compares to the Japanese bikes I have in terms of Quality and Reliability. 30 years with no broken or replaced parts is very hard to compare with so its got a big pair of shoes to fill !

/ 50 HP Cab Considerations #24  
OP, great tractor! I really like the looks of the Branson. I pondered a used one, but there's no dealership around me for support. And, it's red, which was too much of a change for me (going from Kubota to Kioti [orange] was enough of a struggle for me) :laughing: I'm also not a brand-loyalist, not with something that one uses for many years: when it comes time to purchase again the company has likely cycled over quite a bit- could be better, could be worse (and it can vary at just a particular product level). When I'm shelling out big bucks I'm all about "show me!"

May everyone's tractor serve them well!:drink: