50 State Winter Misery Index

/ 50 State Winter Misery Index #22  
I live in Illinois and its like a lot of states, parts have some really bad winters and other parts winter almost doesn't exist. It really long north and south. I grew up in the Chicago area and went to college in Carbondale, which is far southern Illinois. I remember hearing about the winter was really bad one year I was in Carbondale. I thought what winter!

/ 50 State Winter Misery Index #23  
I read this, turned around and looked at my weather station. Welcome to the sunshine state! :thumbsup:

31737280380_69ab003806_o.jpg

Cool panel there. We have some weeks where you cannot see the sun for days. Get a really bad overcast, people are driving with lights on at noon. But we do get some warmer days, we don't get solid cold usually. Then we have a lot of slush, as the snow melts. Then it refreezes....:(

/ 50 State Winter Misery Index #24  
A lot of people around my California Hospital... staff and Doctors hail from Michigan with many University of Michigan grads...

They have lots of things they like about Michigan but weather has never been mentioned.

/ 50 State Winter Misery Index #27  
A lot of people around my California Hospital... staff and Doctors hail from Michigan with many University of Michigan grads...

They have lots of things they like about Michigan but weather has never been mentioned.

Honestly I love the four seasons we have in Michigan. I even saw the sun for about 15 minutes today The Great Lakes do a great job of regulating the climate. We don't get too hot in the summer, winter is cold but not usually cold like northern MN. We don't really have earthquakes, tornados or hurricanes. All and all it is a nice place to live.

I think a lot of people just need to find an outdoor hobby in the winter and they would be a lot happier. I'd go crazy if I spent the entire winter inside like some do.

/ 50 State Winter Misery Index #28  
A few winters ago I went to visit a customer in central Maine. And I noticed a lot of pickups had flags on their front bumpers. The snow banks are so high, at intersections you have to very slowly creep out until you can see and be seen. Worse than Boston....
image-L.jpg

/ 50 State Winter Misery Index
Good morning. Where I'm at in humble Nevis, MN, it is again colder than all of Canada, Alaska, the Arctic Circle, and the North Pole.

Welcome to northern Minnesota!

15894853_10208299212177464_2085663946432392653_n.jpg

15826046_10208299289699402_2453746417571277035_n.jpg