50hr service 3620h, what oils? And any tips?

/ 50hr service 3620h, what oils? And any tips? #1  

boostmg

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 3620 TLB Hydro
have to do my 50 hr service, just had a few questions. I have a 3620h

1. what engine oil are you using?
2. What hydro oil are you using?
3. Any useful tips or tricks?

i have a hoe that i will take off prior.

/ 50hr service 3620h, what oils? And any tips? #2  
Read the owner's manual and take your time. Take pictures if you find any significant debris/metal. I'm a big fan of synthetic oil, but it's not required.

/ 50hr service 3620h, what oils? And any tips? #3  
have to do my 50 hr service, just had a few questions. I have a 3620h

1. what engine oil are you using?
2. What hydro oil are you using?
3. Any useful tips or tricks?

i have a hoe that i will take off prior.
Whatever the manual calls for. The manufacturer doesn’t spec an oil if something else would reduce warranty work.

/ 50hr service 3620h, what oils? And any tips?
Whatever the manual calls for. The manufacturer doesn’t spec an oil if something else would reduce warranty work.
not that simple ... the manual calls for 10w40 .. which isn't easy to find in diesel so i am wondering the brand

the hyrdo oil it recommends is something from texaco which is extremely hard to find.

that's why i'm asking

/ 50hr service 3620h, what oils? And any tips? #5  
not that simple ... the manual calls for 10w40 .. which isn't easy to find in diesel so i am wondering the brand

the hyrdo oil it recommends is something from texaco which is extremely hard to find.

that's why i'm asking

For the engine oil a 0w40 or 5w40 of the correct API classification would be equivalent to what's recommended. There are plenty of CK4 diesel oils available in that viscosity range.
Post the actual HST oil specification wording. I suspect a standard Universal hydraulic / transmission fluid will be acceptable.

/ 50hr service 3620h, what oils? And any tips? #6  
If the manual fails - call the dealership. One tip/trick I learned. When draining any oil from anywhere - have ONE catch pan big enough to catch it all. Don't attempt to change catch pans while the oil is draining. Also - replacing the drain plug and then changing catch pans is a no - no. If you are doing the job correctly - that oil is MUCH too hot to be sticking your hand in to.

/ 50hr service 3620h, what oils? And any tips? #7  
This is what I used. It's what my dealer would have used if I let them perform the 50 hour.
1. Rotella T6 in 15W-40. You may need a different weight.
2. O'Reilly's Premium Tractor Fluid

3. Useful hints:
The front axle has 2 drains, one on each knuckle. I missed this at my 50 hour.
Be ready to catch 10 gallons of hydraulic oil when changing.
Have a selection of funnels to refill the fluids.
The engine oil filter can be found anywhere, but use the Branson hydraulic filter. I'm not aware of an aftermarket equivalent. Use a paint pen to show hours/date on filters.
While you're under the tractor, check every bolt, screw, hose clamp, etc. you see. They will vibrate loose.
Since you're under the tractor, grease the zerks. The manual doesn't have a diagram showing locations. I've got 10 (I can find) on the tractor (not counting loader or hoe).

Between the engine oil, hydraulic oil and gear oil, you will quite a bit of used oil. Local autoparts stores will take no more than 5 gallons of used oil per day.

/ 50hr service 3620h, what oils? And any tips? #8  
My dealer uses Chevron THF1000. I have used Mobil 424 and Duragard synthetic. Both have very similar viscosity numbers to the THF1000. The Mobil stuff is sold at TractorSupply now. It's been renamed Delvac. If I was doing the change now I'd use the Mobil. The one drawback is that it does not have dye in it like the Duraguard has.

The oil level sight is small and if you are pouring oil in it's easy to overshoot the level. If the oil is clear it's impossible to tell if the sight glass is full of oil or empty. So you don't know if there is too much or not enough. One trick would be to jack up the front end a bit while someone watches the sight. If the oil level appears then you are low. Since the oil tank is long and narrow and the sight is at the end, a small change in angle will make a big change at the sight.

Lower the loader and the 3pt when doing the oil change or checking the level. Their cylinders can hold a gallon or more.

I use a bucket pump, which is slow but guarantees that I'll see the level in the sight.

/ 50hr service 3620h, what oils? And any tips? #9  
This is what I used. It's what my dealer would have used if I let them perform the 50 hour.
1. Rotella T6 in 15W-40. You may need a different weight.
2. O'Reilly's Premium Tractor Fluid

3. Useful hints:
The front axle has 2 drains, one on each knuckle. I missed this at my 50 hour.
Be ready to catch 10 gallons of hydraulic oil when changing.
Have a selection of funnels to refill the fluids.
The engine oil filter can be found anywhere, but use the Branson hydraulic filter. I'm not aware of an aftermarket equivalent. Use a paint pen to show hours/date on filters.
While you're under the tractor, check every bolt, screw, hose clamp, etc. you see. They will vibrate loose.
Since you're under the tractor, grease the zerks. The manual doesn't have a diagram showing locations. I've got 10 (I can find) on the tractor (not counting loader or hoe).

Between the engine oil, hydraulic oil and gear oil, you will quite a bit of used oil. Local autoparts stores will take no more than 5 gallons of used oil per day.

My dealer uses Chevron THF1000. I have used Mobil 424 and Duragard synthetic. Both have very similar viscosity numbers to the THF1000. The Mobil stuff is sold at TractorSupply now. It's been renamed Delvac. If I was doing the change now I'd use the Mobil. The one drawback is that it does not have dye in it like the Duraguard has.

The oil level sight is small and if you are pouring oil in it's easy to overshoot the level. If the oil is clear it's impossible to tell if the sight glass is full of oil or empty. So you don't know if there is too much or not enough. One trick would be to jack up the front end a bit while someone watches the sight. If the oil level appears then you are low. Since the oil tank is long and narrow and the sight is at the end, a small change in angle will make a big change at the sight.

Lower the loader and the 3pt when doing the oil change or checking the level. Their cylinders can hold a gallon or more.

I use a bucket pump, which is slow but guarantees that I'll see the level in the sight.

Great tips. Thank you!