55 gallon plastic barrel cleaning for fuel

/ 55 gallon plastic barrel cleaning for fuel #31  
IDK, but I tend to think buying a second 55 gallon barrel to use for transporting the fuel and then pumping it to a storage barrel via an electric pump would avoid the need for the forklift setup.

/ 55 gallon plastic barrel cleaning for fuel #32  
IDK, but I tend to think buying a second 55 gallon barrel to use for transporting the fuel and then pumping it to a storage barrel via an electric pump would avoid the need for the forklift setup.
Thats not a bad idea either. I've passed on the opportunity of purchasing large steel fuel tanks, around the 150-500gal mark because I figured with the weight of the tank plus fuel, there would be no way for my little pickup to haul it. But, setting the tank next the the shop, and filling the tank with a 55 gallon drum, might be a thing... that is, if I get the opportunity to buy a large tank again.

/ 55 gallon plastic barrel cleaning for fuel
Thats not a bad idea either. I've passed on the opportunity of purchasing large steel fuel tanks, around the 150-500gal mark because I figured with the weight of the tank plus fuel, there would be no way for my little pickup to haul it. But, setting the tank next the the shop, and filling the tank with a 55 gallon drum, might be a thing... that is, if I get the opportunity to buy a large tank again.
My local dealer said for 300 gallons he would come to me and fill the tank. That has top be the best, but... for now this is a big improvement and I can take my time finding the right stationary tank

/ 55 gallon plastic barrel cleaning for fuel #34  
Tell me that you’re adding diesel conditioner/lubricant/cetane boost!!! NONE of that is in heating oil and possibly sulphur levels are another concern. Not the best idea in my humble opinion…🤷
Heating oil(#2 fuel oil) is the same as diesel fuel here.

/ 55 gallon plastic barrel cleaning for fuel #35  
Where I live they will deliver fuel for the same price they charge at the station.

/ 55 gallon plastic barrel cleaning for fuel
Well it's taken me a while to complete but I have a working 55 gallon fuel caddy.
I took advantage of my forklift and the electric pump I already had when designing this.
Parts from Amazon = fuel filter, 3/4npt to hose, & 2 x 3/4 bung adapter.
3/4 pipe, fittings, & Teflon tape, from Lowes.
With patience and help from GOD I finally got the adapter to thread into the bung hole straight.
The Northern Equipment pump came with the nozzle and I have a couple of the small batteries like the one shown around for various uses. Here it is - lol.

Attachments

• IMG_3084.jpg
    IMG_3084.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3085.jpg
    IMG_3085.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3087.jpg
    IMG_3087.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 68
   / 55 gallon plastic barrel cleaning for fuel #38  
It all depends on the age of the equipment. Diesel engines of yore could happily burn almost any oil. The new smog throttled engines with DPF, EGR and a common rail injection system are much more fuel particular.

The neighbor's experience with a 20 year old machine is NOT applicable to one's new $50,000 tractor.... Unless one has $$ to burn on repair. But then, $$ is still better spent on proper fuel.
I run up to half engine oil for fuel in these older tractors. Newer ones, I wouldn't try it.

/ 55 gallon plastic barrel cleaning for fuel #39  
I just posted two barrels and a hand pump for free to anyone who can come pick them up in central Vermont.

/ 55 gallon plastic barrel cleaning for fuel #40  
Well it's taken me a while to complete but I have a working 55 gallon fuel caddy.
I took advantage of my forklift and the electric pump I already had when designing this.
Parts from Amazon = fuel filter, 3/4npt to hose, & 2 x 3/4 bung adapter.
3/4 pipe, fittings, & Teflon tape, from Lowes.
With patience and help from GOD I finally got the adapter to thread into the bung hole straight.
The Northern Equipment pump came with the nozzle and I have a couple of the small batteries like the one shown around for various uses. Here it is - lol.
That is AWESOME! Thank you so much for sharing!