5835 first regen

/ 5835 first regen #1  

sobeit

Tractor
Branson 5835R
I attempted my first DPF regeneration. It stopped the process 20 minutes in indicating the temp exceeded 105 degrees. I shut it down for the required 10 minutes. When I stared it up, no lights. I did some work, still no lights. I guess 20 minutes is good enough. Now the fan belt sequels at 3000 RPM.

/ 5835 first regen #2  
Of course check belt tension but do you think the engine overheated? Wondering if antifreeze managed to get on the belt.

/ 5835 first regen #3  
Interesting on the regen. Does it light a light on the dash for you to initiate it, or does it do it automatically?

The fan belt probably just needs to be tightened from initial stretch (it's new)

3000 rpms?! Why so fast? I have my governor set for 2600, which gives me all the pto rpms I need.

/ 5835 first regen #4  
the new style regen process is as follows on all new models 30hp and up. when you initially see the dpf regen light flashing you will
park the tractor and set the emergency brake/parking brake, rev the tractor up to 2900 rpms, then press and hold the regen switch until the second light come on the dash which will blink at you indicating the regen process has started after that you leave it to regen this process can take anywhere form 10-45 minutes depending on how full the filter is.
once the tractors data logger senses the correct temperature and pressure it will shut the lights off indicating the process is done, form there is as simple as shutting the tractor off and on again the clear the lights( sometimes the lights wont clear in which case you have the turn the key off then as you turn the key to the on position only, as soon as you turn it to on you have the rapidly press the regen switch 3-5 times and this should clear the lights and alarm)

i think i wrote this out as simply as i could if anyone has any questions message me i'll try to be more clear about it.

/ 5835 first regen
The process stopped, meaning the valve opened. The two lights on the instrument panel were blinking. The manual says if the regen process stopped and the lights are blinking, it means the water temp exceeded 105 degrees. As for the RPM, the manual says step 1. "engine max RPM. Keep above 3000 RPM with the accel lever." And the belt is tight.

The process ran for 20 minutes and I believe it cleared the filter. We will see. If anyone has a part number for a direct bolt on muffler I would appreciate the info.

/ 5835 first regen #6  
You won't find a direct bolt on muffler for that model.

But there are other ways to go:

Exhaust Mod on my 3725

For your reading pleasure.

/ 5835 first regen #7  
I am pretty sure it is 105C which would be 221F. That is getting pretty warm for the cooling system. Did the belt stop squealing?

Make sure you keep the radiator fins clean and the screen clean.

/ 5835 first regen #8  
My 5520 did about the same time for regen. Funny thing is mine started to have the belt Squeal after. Had to have the dealer Tighten it up.

/ 5835 first regen
I am pretty sure it is 105C which would be 221F. That is getting pretty warm for the cooling system. Did the belt stop squealing?

Make sure you keep the radiator fins clean and the screen clean.
No I will try a new belt.

/ 5835 first regen #10  
If the tension is set properly I would try some window cleaner on it like Windex. Just spray the belt while the Engine is at idle. Sometimes that will make it stop squealing if there is antifreeze on the belt.