Rear Blade 6 Ft. Rear Blade

/ 6 Ft. Rear Blade #11  
I took a chance on this unit and I got the 6ft version. I live down in Orange Grove,Tx I have a Kubota L3400 4x4. I picked this up at the trucking company and my first thoughts were "man this thing looks really stought" but being that it is made in China I still had my reservations on it. I got it home and it took me about 30 minutes more or less to put it together. Might have wet quicker if I had another person. Only one section which I dont know its propper name needed a couple smacks with a sledge hammer to line up the pin that drops down and that was it. I mainly wanted it for the Ripper section and soon realized that there was no way my tractor could pull it with all the teeth down so I put 3 down out of 6 and everything was fine still a few hangs ups on some pesky roots but that was it. Then I tried using it in a offset mode for some fence line clearing and only put down the 2 outer teeth and man this thing is preferct for clearing out fence line brush!!!! Your far enough out from the fence to get a good look and soon you get the hang of it and that pesky brush you can rip it right out of there. Well then it was off to clear a spot for my future 20 x 30 ft garage . Its all Cleache semi hard rock and just put 3 of the teeth down and put it 2nd and drop the blade and off I went. After about 45 minutes I had it all torn up where I reversed the blade and put it in the offset and smooth everything out pretty slick. I highly recomend this type of blade for the offset and the use of rippers , though you will have to modify the use of rippers for your own needs which is pretty easy.

New 5' Blade&Ripper w/Side Offset 3pt. Cat.1 RGBR-5 - (eBay item 180181214327 end time Nov-20-07 16:45:00 PST)

/ 6 Ft. Rear Blade #12  
Pretty cool blade . Never seen an off set blade with those rippers on it like that. Good review about it too. Thanks for the link.

/ 6 Ft. Rear Blade #13  
mark.r said:
I second the 3584. Very heavy duty. I just used it Saturday to clean and strip an old cow stall (now used for horses) of hard rotted packed 5+ year old cow manure and dirt down to hard pack clay. I believe I paid about $1200 for mine.

DSC02511.JPG

Boy....yours is nice and clean; unlike mine, which is kind of dirty from grading all those gaswell roads.

You wouldn't happen to pressure washer it, then wax it down like the rotary cutter guy does on the Attachment thread, do you?

/ 6 Ft. Rear Blade #14  
Chuck_Lind said:
Boy....yours is nice and clean; unlike mine, which is kind of dirty from grading all those gaswell roads.

You wouldn't happen to pressure washer it, then wax it down like the rotary cutter guy does on the Attachment thread, do you?

No. This was taken a few day after I had it delivered. Right now it has cow manure hanging from it . . . ;)

/ 6 Ft. Rear Blade #15  
A few more things, I had to load up my FEL with a load of gravel to get some traction. And If one had a 40hp tractor this is more of what you would need on using it with the rippers all of them down on virgin ground. I only got to use it for 2 days then had to get ready to head back to Iraq. Moving the blade into various positions is very simple and it locks in with no problems. In my orginal post I had my concerns about it being made in Chinia. My first things I checked out were all the welds, steel and hardware. No way I could say what the quaility of the steel was but Im sure its cheap stuff but as thick as it is I dont think I have enough tractor to break or bend it under even more than that of aggressive use. The rippers look like steel but they are actually aluminum and I thought well here is what would break or bend. As much Caleache I busted thur and fence line brush and sage I pulled up I would have thought I would have broken a tooth or at least bend it. But they didnt show any apparrent issues. I have to assume that the thichness of the ripper tooth gives it its strength. I would say its about 1/2 in or a hair over. all the bolts that the rippers ride on are big Air Craft type annodized bolts. My serial # was 0082 so there must be a few others out there with them.

/ 6 Ft. Rear Blade #16  
Woods HBL84-2, it's pretty much the same as the Land Pride ones. I've got a 7' blade (84") on my 4320 and I don't think that there is ever any way that I am going to break it. It's very well built, angles, tilts, and offsets. They can be a little pricey new, but it will definitely hold it value and last forever.