6' Tiller

/ 6' Tiller #1  

JustinE

Bronze Member
I'm curious if anyone out there can point me in the direction of a good 3 point tiller that can handle red clay and go a good 8" deep

Thank you

/ 6' Tiller #2  
I took the skids off my King Kutter tiller and till with it buried.

/ 6' Tiller #4  
What tractor do you propose to power the tiller?

Last edited:
   / 6' Tiller #5  
I'm curious if anyone out there can point me in the direction of a good 3 point tiller that can handle red clay and go a good 8" deep

Thank you

Every model from Northwest Tillers can handle red clay and churn earth 8" deep.

Tiller widths from 48".

How about a mulcher/tiller that will last you two generations? This extremely heavy-duty and versatile tool can prepare any type of soil, including heavy clay, loam and river rock to breaking virgin ground, cutting sod, alfalfa and pasture, for seeding in just ONE PASS. Custom manufacturing for each farmer’s needs with the ability to incorporate chemicals, fertilizer, green manure or crop residues, Northwest Tillers help produce healthier soil for healthier crops and reduces fuel expenses, labor cost, and soil erosion.

Last edited:
   / 6' Tiller #6  
For 25 years I've been running a 6' KingKutter in heavy clay with 30 pto hp. Breaking sod is slow go, but I have HST and can creep along. It covers the rear tires, that's what I wanted. I don't regret going with a 6' tiller.

/ 6' Tiller
Every model from Northwest Tillers can handle red clay and churn earth 8" deep.

Tiller widths from 48".

How about a mulcher/tiller that will last you two generations? This extremely heavy-duty and versatile tool can prepare any type of soil, including heavy clay, loam and river rock to breaking virgin ground, cutting sod, alfalfa and pasture, for seeding in just ONE PASS. Custom manufacturing for each farmer’s needs with the ability to incorporate chemicals, fertilizer, green manure or crop residues, Northwest Tillers help produce healthier soil for healthier crops and reduces fuel expenses, labor cost, and soil erosion.
That may be a little overkill for my needs. This will pretty much only be to prep gardens in the spring.

/ 6' Tiller #9  
For 25 years I've been running a 6' KingKutter in heavy clay with 30 pto hp. Breaking sod is slow go, but I have HST and can creep along. It covers the rear tires, that's what I wanted. I don't regret going with a 6' tiller.
Yeah, HST is a must have to be able to creep slow enough.

/ 6' Tiller #10  
From the sounds of your use you'd be crazy to pay new prices, either get a used/auction thing or hire someone to do the initial ground breaking for you and get something lighter.

IMO, shop local auctions.

If you've got HST, don't be afraid to go wide; creep and get it done in a couple passes.

Auction tiller may be no-name from china like mine but I use it a few times in a year and this thing is built heavier than my tractor (and my tractor's one of the more heavily built ones, too) so the chances of it breaking under my use is slim to nil.