64 years old TD14 dozer still pulling the Giant logs. Unbelievable......

/ 64 years old TD14 dozer still pulling the Giant logs. Unbelievable...... #1  

jkk04

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 410 backhoe, MF 30 industrial tractor, IH TD-14 dozer, New Holland TZ24DA
Several giant digger pine trees that I needed to cut down due to the tilt.

It could fall down very soon and be dangerous to our family.

I have had this dozer for more than 15 years and cleared my 80 acres property.

This is a 1958 International Harvester TD 14 142 Series. It is 64 years old and made in the USA.

This is probably my last mission with this dozer in my life.

Sooo,, Sad...😢😢😢

/ 64 years old TD14 dozer still pulling the Giant logs. Unbelievable...... #2  
Nice video, that's some real American iron right there. Just can't beat having the right tool at your fingertips. Thanks for sharing

/ 64 years old TD14 dozer still pulling the Giant logs. Unbelievable...... #3  
I agree with Boss 302, real made - American Iron - still functioning as initially intended! It's a shame you consider it.... as if it's on it's last mission.... whilst it may only be the last mission "you" have for it.
The dozer may very well outlast you! Very nice showing of an old piece of American built iron, still earning its keep!

I wonder though, why you always pulled off the front end? With (what looks like a winch) on the back; seems like a more efficient way to pull logs to the machine? Just curious, and would "love" to own that machine! Enjoy what time you get to play with/exercise her!

/ 64 years old TD14 dozer still pulling the Giant logs. Unbelievable...... #4  
Not surprised how long it lasted. Those machines were designed to last a lifetime by engineers, not some board of directors looking to cut quality to increase profits.

/ 64 years old TD14 dozer still pulling the Giant logs. Unbelievable...... #5  
Nice video of the ol TD 14.
I wish you had show the whole starting sequence with a description of the steps.
Not many people on this forum have ever seen much less started an IH TD series unit.

For those wondering what I'm referring to the engine on the TD series started on gasoline
and then was switched over to diesel after it was warmed up a bit.

The lever on the lower right that was pulled a couple of times is the one that allows the 3 rd valve
for the cylinders to activate and lower the compression and allow the gas to flow.
Two reasons for the decompression valve one it would allow the engine to run on gasoline and
two it allowed the electric starter to crank the engine over.
Once it was warmed up the diesel shutoff would be opened and the lever pushed in and the
engine main throttle opened up to run.

/ 64 years old TD14 dozer still pulling the Giant logs. Unbelievable......
I agree with Boss 302, real made - American Iron - still functioning as initially intended! It's a shame you consider it.... as if it's on it's last mission.... whilst it may only be the last mission "you" have for it.
The dozer may very well outlast you! Very nice showing of an old piece of American built iron, still earning its keep!

I wonder though, why you always pulled off the front end? With (what looks like a winch) on the back; seems like a more efficient way to pull logs to the machine? Just curious, and would "love" to own that machine! Enjoy what time you get to play with/exercise her!
I have cleared 80 acres of property with this toy after just setting it for several years.
Also, I am getting old and no longer need this big toy on my property.
Another young man who has some acreage nearby needs this dozer.
So, I will let him take care of it. 😢😢
The rear winch has never been working ever since I bought it 15 years ago and never tried to fix it. 😒😒

/ 64 years old TD14 dozer still pulling the Giant logs. Unbelievable...... #7  
This is probably my last mission with this dozer in my life.

Sooo,, Sad...😢😢😢
jkk04 - Don't know about that termination date. You look pretty spry to me. Keep going until they have to carry you out. Your heirs will have to deal with the property, but they'll be inheriting it's worth so let them deal with it.
It also looks like a beautiful piece of property.

LouNY - I'd heard about these gas/diesel engines, but never knew how it worked. I'd heard it was a separate gas engine that became the "starter" for the diesel. Your explanation makes more sense.

/ 64 years old TD14 dozer still pulling the Giant logs. Unbelievable......
Nice video of the ol TD 14.
I wish you had show the whole starting sequence with a description of the steps.
Not many people on this forum have ever seen much less started an IH TD series unit.

For those wondering what I'm referring to the engine on the TD series started on gasoline
and then was switched over to diesel after it was warmed up a bit.

The lever on the lower right that was pulled a couple of times is the one that allows the 3 rd valve
for the cylinders to activate and lower the compression and allow the gas to flow.
Two reasons for the decompression valve one it would allow the engine to run on gasoline and
two it allowed the electric starter to crank the engine over.
Once it was warmed up the diesel shutoff would be opened and the lever pushed in and the
engine main throttle opened up to run.
Here is the video of the whole procedure to start with gasoline to diesel operating.
I uploaded this video last year.
Enjoy.

/ 64 years old TD14 dozer still pulling the Giant logs. Unbelievable...... #9  
That was indeed interesting! Thanks for posting.

/ 64 years old TD14 dozer still pulling the Giant logs. Unbelievable...... #10  
Thanks, The smaller TD that I ran quite abit pushing silage around while filling a bunker silo
the carb was messed up.
The air breather was in the operators area in front of your knees, we kept a 1 quart clorox bottle of gas
on the platform and to start it we'd pop the breather off and give it a little splash of gas and then start cranking it over while drizzling a trickle of gas in to get it starting and running. Just let a bit trickle past your thumb on the clorox bottle till she was warmed up then shove the start lever down.
That one the starting lever was down low and you pulled it up for decompression and gas operation then flipped it down for diesel operation.