7 Pin Trailer Plug

/ 7 Pin Trailer Plug #1  

cjoffutt

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti NX5010 HST
Does anyone know which pin is ground and 12v? Trying to wire up a trailer connector to use my 3 point sprayer via the 7 Pin, but none appear to be supplying power. I'm assuming the large pin at 12 o'clock is ground?

Either that or I'm missing a fuse that will let the 7 Pin work. The pig tail on the tractor side goes to some other wire harness right between the rear tires, then to the rops lights and goes under the seat area.

/ 7 Pin Trailer Plug #2  
Do they even supply AUX 12 volts to the connector on your tractor? Information for 7 pin is all over the internet. Ground in center, but if you didn't find the live (maybe with key on) ,maybe it's not there.

/ 7 Pin Trailer Plug
Who knows if they did... I assumed they did since it appears to be wired in best I can tell.

But after testing earlier with key on, and then tractor running I doubt it. There isn't a fuse labeled for trailer plug, closest thing is 'user power' but it doesn't even have the metal clip for the fuse to lock into.

Was mainly just wanting to make sure I wasn't missing something simple before I ran wires from the battery back to it myself.

/ 7 Pin Trailer Plug #4  
That would be a shame if they didn't. But hey, it's another three dollars worth of copper.

/ 7 Pin Trailer Plug #6  
Here is a generic diagram. Unknown if it's what you need:

qu6825_800.jpg

/ 7 Pin Trailer Plug #7  
Boy, I got that wrong. I thought the center was ground! Maybe thinking the Flat RV plug.

/ 7 Pin Trailer Plug
Do they even supply AUX 12 volts to the connector on your tractor? Information for 7 pin is all over the internet. Ground in center, but if you didn't find the live (maybe with key on) ,maybe it's not there.
Come to find out, 12v isn't supplied to the plug on the tractor side at all. Rather lame in my opinion.

Guess I'll find an unused fuse slot in the block next to seat or use one of the 'add a fuse' things. Not a real easy clean way to run wires from the battery all the way to the back.

/ 7 Pin Trailer Plug #9  
There is two types of 7 pin trailer plugs. they look the same but the pins are different. For running lights, brake, indicators a 7 pin `N` type is used. For auxiliary a 7 pin `S` type is used. The wiring for this is as you look at the `plug`, at pin 4, 6 o clock, is a 12v supply. Number 3 pin, at 7.30, is the common return.