7108 loader on Ford 1710

/ 7108 loader on Ford 1710 #11  
The only appreciable differences in the hydraulic systems is your 1710's lack of a return port for the loader control valve and the priority flow divider you have if your 1710 has power steering.
Power Beyond is the flow of oil exiting a valve that is available to downstream valves for use in hydraulic functions. In your application the PB will supply oil to the 3 point hitch valve.
Two hose loader valves such as found on a 770B loader installed on a 1710 would combine PB and return flow to one port and one hose. That is not good practice, not recommended for your 7108 valve and in my opinion (stated above) is not something you should do.

/ 7108 loader on Ford 1710
ok.. I guess I will have to find a place to tap into a return then. Ya I was curious as to why the earlier set up with the 770B loader didn't have the return to sump..I know my diverter valve goes to sump, but that is only pressure relief from what I understand, which is where I was getting confused I guess. You are right though my 1710 does return to the 3pt hitch valve as well. Do you know why the design change or what problems the older 2 port/hose system was causing?

/ 7108 loader on Ford 1710 #13  
Loads on the 3 point hitch that require pressures approaching system relief put too much pressure on the loader valve spool seals.

Hey Guys, happy new year. So it is guaranteed that the one port on my 7108 control valve is a Power and Beyond? Just cause it's named something else in the diagrams I have seen. They are named pressure in, pressure out, and to sump.

ok thats what I figured... just wanted to be sure. So I guess I will have to find a place to run the return back to the sump. Do you figure I could tie that line into the relief return to sump hard line that is coming off that diverter block? Shown here in the blue arrow? I didn't really wanna drill and tap my case with a new fitting if I didn't have to. diverter valve flow.png

/ 7108 loader on Ford 1710 #17  
Hello B4runner, I messed up and bought a 7108 loader for my 1710. I hate to see yet another challenge with the hydraulics, because I got stuck and couldn't attach it because the rear mounting brackets are way different. The front bracket bolted on okay but how did you deal with the rear? What was the solution for the return line?

Hello B4runner, I messed up and bought a 7108 loader for my 1710. I hate to see yet another challenge with the hydraulics, because I got stuck and couldn't attach it because the rear mounting brackets are way different. The front bracket bolted on okay but how did you deal with the rear? What was the solution for the return line?
the Hydraulics aren't as bad. You just need to figure out where to make the return go. I decided to run to the same spot as the relief off the diverter block near the back axle. I had an extended JIC fitting machined to match the banjo bolt, then I just ran a hydraulic hose to the end of it. So that fitting will see the relief of the diverter block (so if I over pressurize the system) and the return of the hydraulic control. You could just drill and tap the side of the transmission case as well too. I know some 1710s have a port already there.

For the mounts, I actually made my front end loader, so I made everything fit. I did use the 7108 as a reference and used the control joystick from a 7108.

I still haven't used it yet though, I am just getting around to painting it this weekend if the weather holds up so I hope I can use it soon
20210601_164313.jpg
20210601_164343_HDR.JPG

for the rear mounts you would need to do something with these
7108 rear mount.png

/ 7108 loader on Ford 1710 #20  
Wow you built the entire loader! Beyond impressive. Thanks for the info. Would you show a pic of the rear bracket on the left side. I can modify the right bracket but wasn't sure what to do with the other side where the steering shaft is right in the way. I found this pic of one that looked like the way to go.

Attachments

• left bracket.png
    left bracket.png
    107.9 KB · Views: 55