750 with a hole in the cylinder

/ 750 with a hole in the cylinder #1  

jpt97

Tractor
John Deere 750
Just purchased a 750 from a client. Has the yanmar 3t80uj motor but a hole in cylinder 1. Before I send the motor off to get sleeved I was wondering if anyone has done a motor swap, for a different engine.

/ 750 with a hole in the cylinder #2  
Hard to find info on internet.
I am going look at 750 today. Any issues with that Yanmar engine. The tractor is reviewed as solid.

/ 750 with a hole in the cylinder #3  
Hard to find info on internet.
I am going look at 750 today. Any issues with that Yanmar engine. The tractor is reviewed as solid.
Yanmar's are good diesel engine's

/ 750 with a hole in the cylinder #4  
We bought a 950 new in 79. before it moved on to its next owner a few years ago ot had over 10000 hrs on it. it's still running today, as I see it from time to time with its current owner. They are tuff little tractors!!

/ 750 with a hole in the cylinder #5  
They’ll run forever if u change those fuel filters and keep the engine cool..

/ 750 with a hole in the cylinder #6  
Yup, those are excellent engines. Fix what needs fixing, and run it, don't change it for something else. I ran a used 650 for 25 years and 1800 hours with zero engine problems. I've run a used JD15 excavator for 22 years, and 2000 hours. I thought I'd had an overheat problem once, and took the head off - everything was perfectly fine. New gaskets, reassembled, and it runs like a charm.

/ 750 with a hole in the cylinder #7  
The only thing I’ve run into is the injection pump wearing out due to dirty filters..
Filters are very cheap compared to replacing the inj. pump.!!
Breaking a couple of 20’s 2x a year will usually keep u outta trouble.. unless u run Bio-fuel and let it sit..

/ 750 with a hole in the cylinder #8  
Hole in cylinder wall indicates previous tractor owner didn't practice good maintenance of coolant which can cause electrolysis IE cavitation. If I was going to repair this tractors engine I'd bore & sleeve all cylinders.

/ 750 with a hole in the cylinder #9  
The only thing I’ve run into is the injection pump wearing out due to dirty filters..
Filters are very cheap compared to replacing the inj. pump.!!
Breaking a couple of 20’s 2x a year will usually keep u outta trouble.. unless u run Bio-fuel and let it sit..
bio diesel blows

/ 750 with a hole in the cylinder #10  
"blows" ???