773G Shutting Down Before Startup

/ 773G Shutting Down Before Startup #1  

Gloveguy

Tractor
Clifford_1
Hi there,

ive got a 773G skid, that I’ve owned since new and all of sudden it’s developed what I think is an electrical issue.

When I go to start it, I press the yellow “Run/Enter” button, the gauges and BICS screen all come to life, but only for a couple of seconds, literally. As it shuts down, the top of the BICS screen quickly flashes “Spool Lock Output” and the hour meter says “Replay.”

I can, on the odd occasion, get the machine to start, but it’ll shut down within a few seconds.

Has anyone ever encountered this before?

I’m the original owner of this machine and it has 1700 hrs. on it.

8CEA8B8A-AEE3-44D2-BEFB-872A22D3AA00.png
5B5C7287-11C7-48A0-8634-2AEC10D6BEFE.png

/ 773G Shutting Down Before Startup #2  
Do you need to wiggle the foot controls to seemingly get a good connection? Try this and put some lube on all pivot points after all is clean. Might not solve the problem but you will be happy you did it anyway.

/ 773G Shutting Down Before Startup
Do you need to wiggle the foot controls to seemingly get a good connection? Try this and put some lube on all pivot points after all is clean. Might not solve the problem but you will be happy you did it anyway.
thanks for the reply and video.

I did this a couple of years ago and it made a difference in pedal performance, although I think this problem is electrical. 🙂👍

/ 773G Shutting Down Before Startup #6  
Tinhack,
Awesome list, but, how do I get error codes if the machine only stays powered-up for 2-3 sec?
Thanks for the reply! 👍
According to that page, there should be a button to cycle through the screen and display the error code. I don't have that machine but other references indicate there's a way to run the machine for 30 seconds at a time to allow it to be moved. Check your owners manual.

Update:

So, last night I decided to try and do some more troubleshooting.
The first few times I tried to start the machine (pressing the yellow “Run/Enter” button), it simply stayed on for 2-3 seconds the. **** down.

I noticed that if I held the “Start” button, the starter would turn over until the machine shut down (2-3 secs).

After a few more times, the machine stayed on, the glow plugs cycled and she started and ran for about 20 minutes. In that time I did a bit of work with it, like pushing back soil piles, loaded down sand into my trailer, and just regular skid steer stuff.
She ran great until I shut it off myself (machine did not shut down on its own).

Shortly after I shut it down, the problem came back. I decided to shuffle my weight around on the seat while trying to turn it on; Sometimes it worked, sometimes not.

At this point I’m thinking there’s a loose/corroded connection somewhere? I pulled the BICS module out and put some contact cleaner on those connections, but they seems clean already.

Is there a connection under the seat that could be related! Or under cab, below the seat,

the machine is showing no codes.

thanks for reading my update! 👍

/ 773G Shutting Down Before Startup #8  

The safety bar on the seat has a switch.

The safety bar on the seat has a switch.

My seat bar switch seems to be working, as when I lower it, the light comes on, on the left display panel without fail, but, I’ll definitely check it out. Thanks for the suggestion. 👍

/ 773G Shutting Down Before Startup #10  
Hi, we have extensive experience in Bobcat repairs and I definitely know where your problem is. Your problem is in the right panel defect. This panel model often has this defect. 70% of the panels that come to us for repair have this problem.
Try the following:
1. Press and hold the "RUN" and notice what errors appear on the display on the left panel (I think you will get 34-04).
2. Press and hold the "LIGHTS" button on the left panel, notice what you get on the right panel (I think you will get B> D).
You can send the panel to us for repair.
Contact us and we will solve your problem. Repair time one day.
You can find our contacts on www.isoscell.com
Thanks