90 Degree Bevel Gearbox on Kubota F3060 - 72" Rear Discharge Deck

/ 90 Degree Bevel Gearbox on Kubota F3060 - 72" Rear Discharge Deck #11  
Do you have a part number and/or link for the chinese gearbox. I can't read it on the picture

/ 90 Degree Bevel Gearbox on Kubota F3060 - 72" Rear Discharge Deck #12  
I called Superior and they told me that they still make this gearbox but can't sell to me directly. They manufacture it for Ariens.
They gave me a number but it failed. I went to their website and sent them a message.
I'm going to try to rebuild mine if they'll sell me the parts. It feels pretty good but there is some pretty good wear on the input shaft.
I'll get the keyed on if I can.

/ 90 Degree Bevel Gearbox on Kubota F3060 - 72" Rear Discharge Deck
I called Superior and they told me that they still make this gearbox but can't sell to me directly. They manufacture it for Ariens.
They gave me a number but it failed. I went to their website and sent them a message.
I'm going to try to rebuild mine if they'll sell me the parts. It feels pretty good but there is some pretty good wear on the input shaft.
I'll get the keyed on if I can.

All four bearings in my Superior 211ADF 189 6 Gearbox are just regular conical roller bearings like Timken Set 14 (L44643 / L44610).
It's a common trailer wheel bearing size.

The oil seals are TC 1.00 x 1.5 x 0.25 Inch

Oil_Seal_Is_TC_1.00 x 1.5 x 0.25 Inch.JPG

I am not affiliated with this gearbox vendor in any way, but was glad to buy one of these since it's no longer offered by the OEM!
Hope it's OK to post a link.

Here is the gearbox I got in my mower now and I consider it a spare unit (the shafts are keyed) - will eventually reinstall the OEM Superior box.

40 HP Right Angle Bevel Gearbox with 2 Keyed Shafts CW/CCW 1:1 | eBay

IMG_5537.JPG

It works good and changed the gearbox oil third time yesterday (around 20 hours of use so far).

Last edited:
   / 90 Degree Bevel Gearbox on Kubota F3060 - 72" Rear Discharge Deck #14  
All four bearings in my Superior 211ADF 189 6 Gearbox are just regular conical roller bearings like Timken Set 14 (L44643 / L44610).
It's a common trailer wheel bearing size.

The oil seals are TC 1.00 x 1.5 x 0.25 Inch

View attachment 710393

I me not affiliated with this gearbox vendor in any way, but was glad to buy one of these since it's no longer offered by the OEM!
Hope it's OK to post a link.

Here is the gearbox I got in my mower now and I consider it a spare unit (the shafts are keyed) - will eventually reinstall the OEM Superior box.

40 HP Right Angle Bevel Gearbox with 2 Keyed Shafts CW/CCW 1:1 | eBay

View attachment 710394

It works good and changed the gearbox oil third time yesterday (around 20 hours of use so far).
Wow!! Only 134 bucks??
Man, I may have to risk it.
doesn't look like you've bothered to install the vent. No issues? Gearbox get hot at all?

Here is the latest photo of my mower deck with the aftermarket gearbox!

I disassembled it couple of weeks ago, drilled & tapped in order to install JD 5801 vent, which also makes oil filling, level checking and oil extraction very easy.

IMG_5582.JPG

Here are first three oil samples - the one on the left is after about one hour of running (yes, it's metal on the bottom).
I have switched to synthetic 75W-90 gear oil now and the last one yesterday came out clean with no noticeable metal.

IMG_5583II.jpg

Last edited:
   / 90 Degree Bevel Gearbox on Kubota F3060 - 72" Rear Discharge Deck #16  
Wanna be sure this is right. The gearbox in your link shows to rotate clockwise in / counter clockwise out.
Looking at mine that seems right, just want to double check.

Wanna be sure this is right. The gearbox in your link shows to rotate clockwise in / counter clockwise out.
Looking at mine that seems right, just want to double check.

Yes that is what my deck needed, CW/CCW but they have CW/CW available.

I had to cut the output shaft little shorter in order to clear the deck and be able to change blade to blade belt - it was pretty easy to cut with angle grinder & cutting disk.

The gearbox runs warm, not too hot and as far I recall it was around 135 - 140F when operating at around 90F outside temp.
I think dino gear oils should not be used above 200F operation per Superior Gear.

Last edited:
   / 90 Degree Bevel Gearbox on Kubota F3060 - 72" Rear Discharge Deck #18  
Yes that is what my deck needed, CW/CCW but they have CW/CW available.

I had to cut the output shaft little shorter in order to clear the deck and be able to change blade to blade belt - it was pretty easy to cut with angle grinder & cutting disk.
I'm sure that's what I need too.
I saw this one as well but it's cw/cw
Ebay

Yes they will have either one you will need.

/ 90 Degree Bevel Gearbox on Kubota F3060 - 72" Rear Discharge Deck #20  
ok, the gearbox is on the way.
Was able to get my PTO shaft parts through paulbparts.com.
Thanks again for the help.