A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #141  
Great dirt!, I am jealous.
No kidding! Glacial till here. I have to remove tons of small rock up to basketball size and augment with compost for any garden.

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #142  
No kidding! Glacial till here. I have to remove tons of small rock up to basketball size and augment with compost for any garden.

Yeah same here.
I started a test garden this year, and the only thing which started was some acorn squash and tomatoes. Which is especially interesting since I did not plant these, but apparently the seeds that went into the kitchen compost survived well enough to start growing.

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #143  
Yeah same here.
I started a test garden this year, and the only thing which started was some acorn squash and tomatoes. Which is especially interesting since I did not plant these, but apparently the seeds that went into the kitchen compost survived well enough to start growing.
Yep unintentionally grew also wild tomatoes and zucchini from what have must have been rotten or discarded veggies. Some were in locations that were far from where we planted last year. I don't remember chucking them from the deck but maybe I did??? :laughing: :confused:

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D
I think at the beginning of this thread I would give all the good, bad and ugly on the little BX-25D. Well this past weekend I found a real big ugly....A real design short coming IMHO. This thing does not like mud. Not normal mud, but mud and grass mixed together. While spending the 3 hours cleaning the machine....yup 3 hours...I kept thinking about the Charlton Heston movie 10 commandments. You remember where they are making the bricks and mushing the straw into the mud.....there you go to a T.

I guess I really can't fault the machine too much I really got it in over its head. I had it stuck in the ditch about 4 times and it had to be pulled out with the JD650. After the 4 time I said to **** with this and gave up and will hope for some dry weather.

I am digging a drainage ditch (stream) to drain my pistol range. It really was too muddy to do the work but you sometime just do something to see if you can.

Short commings of the machine I found are that the mud can become so caked into the wheel areas that you can not move the levers for high and low, 4wd, and really anything else. It was caked under the tractor as well....as I started to clean I saw a glimmer of white....OH NO....the fan....oh boy I bet I really killed that. Nope, it is just fine no damage. I can only guess that with it spinning so fast the mud did not get a chance to cake in there and bust it all up.

I have a ton of pics and videos....IIRC I can only put one video per post so I will put a few in this post and the next. So far I only have two videos rendered, I will get more up there as time goes on. I was playing with some different camera positions....just for the fun of it and to try to give some different views. I can imagine it is a little bit of a bore seeing the same type video all the time. The small Mobius camera is good for putting in odd places, I just need to bring a computer with me to change the programming on it so it will be the correct orientation and I will not have to flip them in post production.

Anyway on to the mud photos and one digging video....this digging video is before all the mud.

These photos I took after I started to clean the machine up....then I had the idea...you know you should take some photos of this. Like an idiot I did not take any video of the digging and getting stuck....sorry guys. The video you will see is nice not muddy digging and moving dirt, but hopefully it will have some cool camera angles.

1011141722e_zps98ed72cd.jpg
1011141722d_zpscc55a4c8.jpg
1011141722c_zpse0cf6c23.jpg
1011141722b_zps0b78cb54.jpg
1011141722a_zps1082a434.jpg
1011141722_zps050ba35d.jpg
1011141653c_zpsb33f6a10.jpg
1011141653b_zpse430fd97.jpg
1011141653a_zps8d054726.jpg
1011141653_zpsde777125.jpg
1011141652c_zps0e292786.jpg
1011141652b_zpsb62e4a03.jpg
1011141652a_zpsa3a160ee.jpg
1011141652_zpsc884fdf3.jpg
1011141310_zpsb85e037c.jpg

One more video of some digging.

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #146  
Those were definitely some different angles! :thumbsup:

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #147  
Don't feel bad about the BX's "shortcomings" MUD is nobody's friend! Even the huge machines get mired in the stuff! :D

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #148  
The low ground clearance on our BXs has caused us some problems in mud, but we usually park everything when it's muddy, as mentioned mud causes problems for many machines. Our M8540 is about the only thing that doesn't get stuck, but it sure makes a mess, you should see what the big ag tractors do to wet fields.

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #149  
Yep, good ole mud, I took advantage of the dry summer we had and did a fair amount of cleanup around our pond. Alright, a lot of cleanup! We have to really pick and choose with changing soil conditions.

Little update....more on me then the machine.

I am still going to be here for quite a while....well as long as you guys will have me, but my updates are going to be a little less and less. Going to have some MORE medical work done, and it sounds like it is going to be a big bucket of not fun. Nothing that is going to kill me, turns out doG hates me too much for that and is going to keep me around to suffer as long as possible. I plan on posting like I have been, but I want to take a minute to say sorry in advance, and behind for some of what I have said. It may have come across as a little rough....and for that I am sorry. I once told my people I don't care for reasons or explain, and that is what I am giving you. Just please look the other way and realize you have a sick not that old man that can be pretty bitter one moment and pretty melancholy the next (ie Stoned). I am going under the knife again pretty soon and we will just have to see how that all goes.

But I wanted to take a sec in my own thread to say sorry to some I know I have pissed off, and I will keep trying to give out what very little I know.

As to the tractor it has 150hrs on it and is still going straight, seems no worse for spending some time on its nose. it must have some kind of dry sump or fantastic oil pan design, in all the odd angles I had it in never did it give a warning about bad oil pressure.

Thanks again and I will do my best to put out some photos and videos as I can to keep you guys informed.....who knows it might be more for me at this stage then for you guys.

Have fun guys.....and does anyone know of an easy way to get the mud that gets packed into the FEL or backhoe bucket out. Doing a little digging and the dirt (clay) just got so packed in there I had to get my son with a pick to get it all out....just amazing that clay stuff is.

Do you think if I cleaned the bucket real well and put oil, or PAM, or some kind of non stick something that would help.

Thanks guys.