Here's a little better view of it.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

Attachments

• 8-75803-Mvc-022s.jpg
    8-75803-Mvc-022s.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 88
   / A long summer's work payoff #12  
Re: A long summer\'s work payoff

How many horses can you get in there? Slant load?

tractor.gif

/ A long summer's work payoff

Mike,
I can get five horses in there with the dividers in and seven without the dividers.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ A long summer's work payoff #14  

Richard,

That is one fine looking barn. But, are you sure you won't have to add on to it next summer. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Terry

Terry,
NO WAY! I'm done. That last three years have been all work and no play. It's time to start playing a little more now. Seriously I now have everything exactly like I want it. The only thing I'm going to do next year is build a bigger roping arena at this place than my other one and do some cross fencing.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ A long summer's work payoff #16  

Nice job!

I'm going to make sure my wife doesn't see this thread - expectations will be set way too high!!! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Now back to that firewood rack that I have been planning for the last 6 months.

Patrick

/ A long summer's work payoff #17  

Richard,

Without making you repeat yourself {I probably missed it}, how many square feet is the barn, is it multi-level, and on the average how many horses do you normally board/own/raise...

Last but not least... When do you sleep?...

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

Hi John,
The barn is 10,320 square feet. It is just the one level and is 16 foot to the trusses on the inside. On average I probably have about 30 horses at any one given time. In the spring I have about 15-20 more from my mares foaling.

As far as sleeping goes I was one of those lucky ones. I only need about 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night. I'm usually up by 5 everyday and go feed and do any morning chores that need to be done. Then I head to the office. I'm up there about 50-60 hours a week. After work then I head to the barn to work on it, train horses, feed the animals, and whatever else needs done. It's a busy way of life but I wouldn't have it any other way. It's easy to work so much when you're doing what you love.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ A long summer's work payoff #19  

<font color=blue>...I wouldn't have it any other way. It's easy to work so much when you're doing what you love...</font color=blue>

Amen, Richard... I could tell from your many posts that you're a worker/doer... certainly not a talker...

I love and respect your work ethics and way of life... there is no other way...

Thank you.

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

John,
That is truly gracious of you to say that. It's really nice to be a part of such a group with such admirable and gracious people as yourself. I owe it all to my grandparents though. They taught me everything I am today. I just pray I can do as good with my children and that someday they view me with the respect and love that I have for my grandparents.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF