A look inside the Terramite plant

Hay Dude

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson & Kubota
TBN should buy the plant and make our own TBN tractors lol
We could be stock holders.
I could just see the debates between R-1s and R-4’s.....

Last edited:

jmc

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 1920 4x4 (traded in on Kubota). Case 480F TLB w/4 in 1 bucket, 4x4. Gehl CTL60 tracked loader, Kubota L4330 GST
Loopnet listing says 100% leased, so presumably by Terramite? Maybe they're just freeing up cash locked up in real estate for a better use.

agjones

Gold Member
Tractor
Rk55HC 4n1 fel/bh, Power-Trac 1850, 425d, Terex pt30, Honda 5013, yanmar 8x8 dumper, Magnatrac mh5000 w/ loader, six way blade & backhoe, Dew-eze MC70 Slope Mower, Terramite t6 4wd, DR Power brush mower
I reached out to sales at Terramite to get more info, they said only the building is for sale, not the company and they will still be selling parts. "We plan to be here for a long time supplying OEM parts & service!"
They do such a poor job of responding to parts inquiries I wonder why they bother.

the old grind

Elite Member
Tractor
NH T-1520 HST, NH TC33DA HST, Case DX26 HST, .Terramite T5C, . NH L785
Do all T5C's make the whining like in the video?
Yes, until they're no longer able to travel under their own power. ;) btw, there is no free-spool option for the hydraulic drive motor AKA 'torque motor' or clutch to disengage it. I suppose a guy could plumb a bypass into the lines ...

Last edited:

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3, Kubota M9000 HD, Kubota Sidekick UTE
If course my question would be, if you no longer have a manufacturing facility, where are the parts coming from?

the old grind

Elite Member
Tractor
NH T-1520 HST, NH TC33DA HST, Case DX26 HST, .Terramite T5C, . NH L785
Can you say NOS? (new old stock) Terramite sources many components like most other companies. I doubt if engine, pump, tire, wheel, rod-end, hose, etc makers will go down or discontinue products over one customer's struggle. btw, did we think Terramite makes their own paint too? :unsure:

agjones

Gold Member
Tractor
Rk55HC 4n1 fel/bh, Power-Trac 1850, 425d, Terex pt30, Honda 5013, yanmar 8x8 dumper, Magnatrac mh5000 w/ loader, six way blade & backhoe, Dew-eze MC70 Slope Mower, Terramite t6 4wd, DR Power brush mower
There's a local to them machine/fab shop that's been working with them for a while now. I don't remember the name but it's popped up in searches in the past

can do

Silver Member
Tractor
M-F1526,M-F50
I reached out to sales at Terramite to get more info, they said only the building is for sale, not the company and they will still be selling parts. "We plan to be here for a long time supplying OEM parts & service!"
That's good to hear! My next door neighbor has one , I just know when ever it's down it takes him awhile to get it going again! I think last time he had issues with the hydraulic lines , & maybe that's why it took awhile get her going again do to parts available for his Terramite. I'll have to talk with him to see if he knows about what is going on with Terramite , I know he bought her used.

rademamj1

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK4010 SEHC, Kubota GR2120, Gravely Proturn 460
Loopnet listing says 100% leased, so presumably by Terramite? Maybe they're just freeing up cash locked up in real estate for a better use.
I think that's exactly what's going on. Raising cash by selling the building, with guarantee Terramite will maintain a long term lease with potential buyer. Not a bad deal for any buyer. Make a real estate purchase with immediate income.