A Mega Thread That Makes No Sense

/ A Mega Thread That Makes No Sense #14  
Decades ago in the downtown of a major city, we had a weird cross between cafeterias and vending machines. They had the coin slots and doors with various foods, but it was all (almost) fresh. You could see the people in the back preparing the food and loading the slots. This was before microwaves, but a lot of the food was hot.

/ A Mega Thread That Makes No Sense #15  
Decades ago in the downtown of a major city, we had a weird cross between cafeterias and vending machines. They had the coin slots and doors with various foods, but it was all (almost) fresh. You could see the people in the back preparing the food and loading the slots. This was before microwaves, but a lot of the food was hot.

/ A Mega Thread That Makes No Sense #16  
I was perusing through the site tonight when I stumbled upon a mega thread I had never seen before. The number of views, replies and pages is astonishing. I had no idea there were any threads on this site that had gotten to that size. I thought the flail mower thread was the biggest. However, what blows my mind even more is the fact that there seems to be nothing of substance in this thread. The content is mostly members waking up every morning to say hello and report what the temperature is outside. What the heck???....Guys help me out here. What am I missing with this picture??
Just TBN'ers that has lot in common seen and tasted good and bad parts of life,recalling those yester years...example 8 track player,telephone party line,gallon gas cost less than 32 cents,dirt under finger nails etc..etc.

/ A Mega Thread That Makes No Sense #17  
No. The company that they contracted with to run the cafeteria didn't renew their contract because it wasn't profitable. They put it out to bid, and no one took it. So they closed the cafeteria and put in vending machines.
At my last employer it had gotten to where the company had to pay the cafeteria & vending company extra each month as they claimed to be losing money. We got a breakdown of their profits or losses by category. Break even was the old goal with the company providing the space & kitchen equipment, tables, etc. It was pay Vend or allow them to raise prices to employees.

/ A Mega Thread That Makes No Sense #18  
Nothing beats stale cellophane wrapped food in a vending machine.
I will argue that point. You apparently have never had the “coffee” right next to the food vending machine.

/ A Mega Thread That Makes No Sense
Just TBN'ers that has lot in common seen and tasted good and bad parts of life,recalling those yester years...example 8 track player,telephone party line,gallon gas cost less than 32 cents,dirt under finger nails etc..etc.
What I find the most interesting thing about this place is the age of a lot of these members here. You have guys in their 70's and 80's who are posting everyday on here. It kind of blows my mind as most people from that generation are computer illiterate yet this crowd here has completely blown all those stereotypes away by a long shot.

/ A Mega Thread That Makes No Sense #20  
"It kind of blows my mind as most people from that generation are computer illiterate yet this crowd here has completely blown all those stereotypes away by a long shot."
Yup most have been label that by those are quick to judge,kinda like if they don't say something they don't know in many cases not true,for they take step back watch and listen and in the end they surprise with you with their knowledge.