A new mower model "Mow All" coming soon...

/ A new mower model "Mow All" coming soon... #41  
Re: A new mower model \"Mow All\" coming soon...

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( 4. Do you think, instead of high RPM, a much lower RPM in the finish mower would be enough if much sharper blade (such as sickle knife) were used in the finish mower? )</font>

Keeping it sharp would be an issue. From my POV, finish mower blades have significant sharpness during the time they are being carried from the grinder to the mower. After that, they are rounded edge steel flats.

Even at that, they are significantly sharper than a rotarycutter blade, simply because of the thickness of the bush hog blades.

/ A new mower model "Mow All" coming soon... #42  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If they already designed these, then I can say very very big number crunching super computers would not be spending months today to solve a simple turbulent air flow. )</font>

You're assuming that they are designed theoretically rather than empirically, by simply trying different configurations, and fine tuning from those trials. That does not require any particular amount of theoretical knowledge, just a shop.

/ A new mower model "Mow All" coming soon...

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You're assuming that they are designed theoretically rather than empirically, by simply trying different configurations, and fine tuning from those trials. That does not require any particular amount of theoretical knowledge, just a shop. )</font>

Trial-Error method of designing? lol - maybe, you are right. They aren't calculating anythings before they make a new mower/blade. I have seen in the field that wholebuyers/distributors have designed the mower blades. Pieter of FC must be one of them who designed a finish mower blade. Is this a rumor or a truth? By the way, I just got a blade drawing with all dimensions (with tolerances) indicated. I don't know who drew it. I was told that this blade is already being used in many finish mowers. Then, I will use this blade drawing to transfer it to CAD (into finite/grid elements) to analyse/simulate the action (grass/air flow/etc) around this blade - we'll see soon in a month or two if that blade is really doing a proper work (recycling clippings, etc.) Anyways - lets pass this topic for now - we have had enough talk. What to discuss next? Did we already solve shear pin problem? lol