A simple convenience item.

/ A simple convenience item. #1  

mjncad

Tractor
A couple
Since I have an adjustable top hook on my Land Pride quick-hitch, I made a hand written chart of what holes in the hitch and hook are used for each implement. The trouble is the chart was in the garage, and I wanted something on the tractor.

This link shows the hook. Picasa Web Albums - Matt - John Deere 42...

The following picture shows the 3" x 5" stickers I had www.cafepress.com make from a file I sent them. The blue lines are guide lines for future implements that I can add labels to that I make with my Brother P-touch label maker.

I have a sticker on each leg of the quick-hitch.

Attachments

• DSC03452.JPG
    DSC03452.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 595
   / A simple convenience item. #2  
How's that song go.........."Too much time on my hands, I've got too much time on my hands......." Good job! I guess when I get enough implements I might consider doing that as well. Thanks for the idea! :p

Troy

/ A simple convenience item. #3  
I used white out and wrote on the top bar of my QH. Implement- hook or adapter- top link (in or out)-what holes the hook go in. Also numbered the holes for the hook. You are right about the convenience factor, until I did this I would go to change implements and not have a clue until I got to what I was going to hook up to.

/ A simple convenience item. #5  
Looks like professional work. Also, hard to loose track of that.

I used an electric engraver to etch basic tune up info I need on a scrap piece of aluminum and keep it stored in the tool box on my machine.

/ A simple convenience item. #6  
Since I have an adjustable top hook on my Land Pride quick-hitch, I made a hand written chart of what holes in the hitch and hook are used for each implement. The trouble is the chart was in the garage, and I wanted something on the tractor.

This link shows the hook. Picasa Web Albums - Matt - John Deere 42...

The following picture shows the 3" x 5" stickers I had www.cafepress.com make from a file I sent them. The blue lines are guide lines for future implements that I can add labels to that I make with my Brother P-touch label maker.

I have a sticker on each leg of the quick-hitch.

It's always good to write things down, I would need to put a note on the steering wheel to remind me of the note on the hitch.:)

/ A simple convenience item.
Thanks all. I forgot to post the file I sent to Cafepress. After the stickers came back, the top line of text barely made it inside the sticker, so I moved the text and lines down should I need to have more made.

Attachments

• Quick-Hitch_Chart.png
    Quick-Hitch_Chart.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 222
   / A simple convenience item. #8  
I use a "Sharpie" fine point marker and the under side of the hood for notes. The trick is to pick a spot that won't sun fade and is semi hidden until you need the infor. The under side of my toolbox lid is another information storage cash. I also mark filters with service date information. Plus, alittle acetone/rag will erase the marker as information needs updated!
I use this trick on all my equipment,cars and trucks. ;)