A solution to poor quality squeeze bulbs

/ A solution to poor quality squeeze bulbs #1  

MillWeld

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 641
My weed eater has a squeeze bulb for priming the engine. I purchased it in '87 and the bulb replacement has been a regular maintenance item every year because they crack prematurely and their quality has been deteriorating with each purchase. Why can't they make decent quality bulbs?, I asked after I pulled out the last unused one in from a package and found it cracked. I never have to replace rubber gas lines - why not make them out of the same material? :thumbsup:So I did. I purchased thin wall (1/16") gas line, cut a 2" section and replaced the bulb with it. Squeeze it and the engine primes as it should. I made this change late in the season so time will tell if it lasts.

Attachments

• IMG_1031.JPG
    IMG_1031.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_1027.JPG
    IMG_1027.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 227
   / A solution to poor quality squeeze bulbs #2  
Yeah, and those squeeze bulbs run, like $5.00 but on the net you can get ,like 20 for that price.

That was after I paid $5.00 that I found a Chinese web site that had them real cheap.
Naturally there would have been a month shipping.

Last edited:
   / A solution to poor quality squeeze bulbs #3  
I'ts maddening. I have a plastic coated wire dish drying basket that's almost sixty years old. It's as perfect as day one. You buy one know and the plastic is cracked in months. Surley, plastic technology has gotten better, not worse. I would gladly pay double for a good plastic thing. You can pay double and get the EXACT same crap! Maddening!

All the fuel lines rotted off a ten year old Stihl saw. I mean, do these people not have a clue about the effects of fuel on certain material? Or they don't care, and BOTH are equally disturbing!

/ A solution to poor quality squeeze bulbs #4  
I'ts maddening. I have a plastic coated wire dish drying basket that's almost sixty years old. It's as perfect as day one. You buy one know and the plastic is cracked in months. Surley, plastic technology has gotten better, not worse. I would gladly pay double for a good plastic thing. You can pay double and get the EXACT same crap! Maddening!

All the fuel lines rotted off a ten year old Stihl saw. I mean, do these people not have a clue about the effects of fuel on certain material? Or they don't care, and BOTH are equally disturbing!

The list expectancy is less than 10 years in most cases so they don't need to make parts that last that long when they are going to make the parts obsolete in 10 years anyway.

/ A solution to poor quality squeeze bulbs
Yeah, and those squeeze bulbs run, like $5.00 but on the net you can get ,like 20 for that price.

I did an exhaustive search on the net and they were all about $15 each. Don稚 know where you found your price. I wasn稚 going to pay that for crap. I even considered an electric weedeater before I made my own squeeze bulb - for about 16 cents each.

/ A solution to poor quality squeeze bulbs #6  
How can anyone sleep at night knowing they produce or sell JUNK?

/ A solution to poor quality squeeze bulbs
   / A solution to poor quality squeeze bulbs #8  
It's why I like AVE and BOLTR (Bored of Lame Tool Reviews) because he is fixated on the materials stuff is made out of.

/ A solution to poor quality squeeze bulbs #9  
I gave up on Stihl a few years ago. Too hard to start, even with Trufuel. The arthritis in my hands made it impossible for me to pull the cord. I bought an Echo GT225 with their version of easy start. It does what Echo claims: Starts easily by releasing (not pulling) the cord. And replacing the cord is simple and straight-forward with precut pieces that I insert. No bumping or the ground or trying to get the head off to wind new cord. I recommended the Echo, hands down.

/ A solution to poor quality squeeze bulbs #10  
Stop using gas that has ethanol in it and your squeeze bulb life will extend drastically.