About to pull the trigger on a new welder

/ About to pull the trigger on a new welder #31  
Always seemed lincoln was ahead on automation/ production type equipment and miller was better with field type equipment.

/ About to pull the trigger on a new welder #32  
Wow Big Barn, that Lincoln wire feeder is totally different, wire loads on other side, the gun points downward, never seen one like that very unique. Do you bother with a felt wire cleaner? Usually not needed if only takes month or two to go through 10# roll, for me, most of the time I get 6 month-ish on a 10# roll so I have a wire cleaner on mine.

Oldpath05. Yes I usually use a felt wire cleaner. (Probably the best 50 cent investment for migs). I had just cleaned out the the compartment and blew out the liner when the photo was taken.

Terry

/ About to pull the trigger on a new welder #33  
Regular Pulsed Mig is cool but Nothing like Twin Pulse Digital High Definition that can be set up like a Tig unit. Miller is way behind and Lincoln will likely get there 1st. Fronius, Lorch and OTC are 10 years ahead of USA companies. And for the record. it's painful to say that but Miller and Lincoln have been pushing back on this technology. Just for grins look up Lorch 320SP and see what it's capable of.

yomax4. I'm sold. Maybe I should start saving for one now. Where would I purchase one?

Terry

/ About to pull the trigger on a new welder #34  
I always mention these units but always fail to mention that they are for the most part cost prohibitive. I never discuss cost which is a major factor due to what you get for what you spend. In any event. if you PM me. I'll give you the best way to own one of these beauties.

/ About to pull the trigger on a new welder #35  
"Just for grins look up Lorch 320SP and see what it's capable of."<<<<<<<<I couldn't find that model and couldn't find where Lorch is sold in the US. And so far Everlast seems to be the easiest web site to navagate around on and I've been on quite a few lately.

/ About to pull the trigger on a new welder
Well, I placed the order earlier today...

Yea, I think it was sufficiently off topic. Went with the EMP 235. Dealer reduced his price so my cost would beat the online prices after taxes. $2,346.90 was the purchase cost with no accessories.

/ About to pull the trigger on a new welder #39  
Not a bad deal at all, I like the looks of the Rebel line. I just upgraded my welders, partly to take advantage of the 3phase that's going in the new shop and because I needed some more capabilities.
If I was looking for an all around unit for my a home shop the 235 would definitely be in the list.

What accessories are you planning on adding?

Later I'll add the ESAB spool gun and go aftermarket for the tig gun/foot pedal. I think it includes the rod holder, but I'm not certain.