Acetylene regulator issues

/ Acetylene regulator issues #21  
1000 years ago when I took metal shop in school, they told us to always open the valves all the way because running gas through a partially opened valve can/ will destroy it. Don't know for sure if it's right or wrong, but I always open the valves all the way because of being taught that rule.
As did I So please correct me if I'm wrong the oxygen safety valve is located just below the valve and the tank needs to be fully opened in order for the safety valve to work on the tank, I fully open all my welding gas tanks except acetylene which the safety plug is on the bottom of tank and are designed to melt and blow out the bottom, I've been told to never store an acetylene tank on its side and never open it more than a 1/2 turn I also believe you never want to have more than 15psi coming out of your acetylene regulator. when I im Cutting I try to use 5-10psi acetylene and 20-30psi oxygen at the regulators going to the torch. all this was told to me 30+ years ago and I haven't blown anything up yet.

/ Acetylene regulator issues #22  
Interesting thing about Lincoln Electric. I just bought one of those sets to replace a 40+ year old Harris set that I originally purchased at Montgomery Ward. My cutting torch had somehow been eaten through on the lines that carry the gas to the cutting tip. Since I couldn't buy just another cutting torch, I had to get a set. Went to Lowes and got a Lincoln Electric for $200. Got it home and opened it up. Guess who's name is on every component in there? HARRIS. Oh well, the last one lasted over 40 years so maybe this one will too.
Lincoln has owned Harris since at least the 80's

/ Acetylene regulator issues #23  
As did I So please correct me if I'm wrong the oxygen safety valve is located just below the valve and the tank needs to be fully opened in order for the safety valve to work on the tank, I fully open all my welding gas tanks except acetylene which the safety plug is on the bottom of tank and are designed to melt and blow out the bottom, I've been told to never store an acetylene tank on its side and never open it more than a 1/2 turn I also believe you never want to have more than 15psi coming out of your acetylene regulator. when I im Cutting I try to use 5-10psi acetylene and 20-30psi oxygen at the regulators going to the torch. all this was told to me 30+ years ago and I haven't blown anything up yet.
The high pressure valves ( oxygen, Argon, Helium, Nitrogen etc) have a 2 seat valve. One seats when closed and one when all the way open. You want to open them all the way in theory although I don't. Acetylene and alternate fuels you only open 1 turn. This is so in case of an emergency you can shut down quickly. So says my training at a distributor and many years at Victor. Acetylene safety plug is on the top on newer tanks. Acetylene is safe at 15psi and in reality doesn't become volatile until about 30psi and this is why a creeping gauge can blow a big hole in the ground. I'm shocked it doesn't happen several times a day.

/ Acetylene regulator issues #24  
The high pressure valves ( oxygen, Argon, Helium, Nitrogen etc) have a 2 seat valve. One seats when closed and one when all the way open. You want to open them all the way in theory although I don't. Acetylene and alternate fuels you only open 1 turn. This is so in case of an emergency you can shut down quickly. So says my training at a distributor and many years at Victor. Acetylene safety plug is on the top on newer tanks. Acetylene is safe at 15psi and in reality doesn't become volatile until about 30psi and this is why a creeping gauge can blow a big hole in the ground. I'm shocked it doesn't happen several times a day.
Thanks for your clarification and insight👍